1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naplink Demo Disk Swap ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by joyrider, Aug 29, 2004.

1. joyrider

joyrider Member

i've just stumbled on this article ( http://ps2dev.org/kb.x?T=593 ) and it explains a method on how to get their naplink running on the ps2 without using a modchip and without any swapdisks. They used some demo disk and replaced some demo with their own code and use a swaptrick to replace the original demo disk with a fake one that will load not a game but their loader.
    Now they explain this using "the original CD-ROM based demo disks", i like to know if these are PS2 demo disks or ps1 demo disks. I still got some old playstation 1 demo disks and i wonder if the same thing could be done using them. if it is my next step would be to replace the naplink software with some other tool (like hdloaderlite) that will install itself on the memcard so that i don't have to buy anything to get the exploit on the memcard.

so would this work with PS 1 demo disks ? and also they swap disks while the demo disk is running, It isn't explained but is the cd still turning around when they do the swaptrick explained there if so wouldn't this damage your ps2 ?

i'm willing to give it a shot but like some more opinions about it.

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Ive used this trick to put exploits onto my MC, it does work but not with PS1 demos, you need the original PS2 demo disk that came with the SCPH-30003 model PS2, its the demo with the FIFA game on it. Other PS2 demos may work, im not sure? As for swapping the disks, yes it has to be done while the demo is still spining! I have a neo2 modchip, so I can swap the disks no problem, you will have to use a slidecard to quickly swap the disks while the demo is spining, can be tricky. lt wont do too much damage to your PS2, you only have to do it once : )