1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAT PROBLEM! Failed to establish.....

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by blablalba, Feb 11, 2008.

1. blablalba

blablalba Member

I used to get green smileys.. now i dont. Now i get the Error " Failed to establish listen on port UDP:63122. Check that other applications aren't alreayd using this port. Also check for another copy of Azureus running." I know nothing of ports so i need your help.
    Ran a few tests and it said this port is not established.(Request to test port timed out)
    I have a really good computer, Linksyus router and all. Download speed of 500kb and no static IP adress or anything. Do i need to forward this port or something like that?

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

3. blablalba

blablalba Member

Anyone have a clue on how to port forward through my Norton 360 too? Most picky antivirus ive dealt with.

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

5. blablalba

blablalba Member

Wow, amazing... Thank you very much ;)

6. blablalba

blablalba Member

I did forward the port through my router and now my smileys are green finally. But, evertime i started up Azureus it still says "Failed to establish list on UDP:63122", but that is only on the UDP i ran a test on the TCP:63122 and its says its alright. Will this failed UDP affect my downloading or anything? Is it a bad thing? Thanks again.

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If you have a green light, thing's should be fine. I don't know a lot abouut TCP and UDP except that when I first forwarded my router, the guide I followed said to enable both and now the same guide says to only enable TCP. I keep both enabled but don't seem to need to, haven't checked long enough to see what's what. I guess you could try enabling both and see what happens or only use TCP. No harm here with UDP enabled.

8. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

I don't know much about UDP either, but I do know that Azureus does use it, at least, with DHT (which helps connect to additional seeds/peers).
    So it should be opened.

I assume you have properly cleared both through your software firewall and router, so the issue is not there.

You should check your Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) to see if any azureus.exe or javaw.exe processes are running (and stop them) before you start Azureus as I have seen this be the cause of the UDP port error several times before.

9. blablalba

blablalba Member

I cleared both TCP and UDP through my router and my smiley INSTANTLY went green. But, i havent cleared through my firewall because it doenst look like i need to. (I already permitted Azureus through my N360) and azureus.exe and java.exe isnt running in my task manager.

10. blablalba

blablalba Member

I have another issue with my Azureus also. Im torrenting a 4GB file and a 3GB file and it only lets me download one at a time? The other one remains Queued for some reason until i Move it to the top and then the other one is Queued? Ive never had this problem with multiple torrents before. These are the only 2 torrents running.

11. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Sorry, can't help with that one, I don't use Azureus.