1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nat type for multi ps3's

Discussion in 'PS3' started by cazer, Jun 3, 2011.

1. cazer

cazer Regular member

i have 3 ps3's and would like to get the nat on all of them to open setting. i set mine up as a dmz. as far as i can tell the router only lets you but one system on this setting. i would like to set both my boys ps3s up so they have open nat as well. we all play with the same guys online and with the moderate nats we have problems getting in with a few of them. do i need to portforward the other 2? and do i need to do this for each game or just for the ps3s themselfs? if it matters i have comcast and i use a Linksys E1000 router. dont know how good this router is but it seems to work better then the dlink and netgear ones i have. i also have two pc's and 5linx voip xbox360 and a cell phone with att micro cell that use this router at the same time. any help would be grateful

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

If you have a Nat Type 2 then it is basically the same as a Nat Type 1 (just that you are behind a peice of additional hardware). So even putting your PS3 in a DMZ would still make it a Nat Type 2 because you are using said router.

You just need to get the other 2 PS3's @ Nat Type 2...my guess is it's the Comcast Router, I would personally never use it and would stick with either of the 2 you have at the very minimum (or buy a nice Linsys/Cisco one). Then you should be able to DMZ multiple IP's by just giving static IP's to each PS3 within the same range (say 192.168.1.50,51,52) and then hit up your DMZ settings to reflect those IPs.

Opening ports and port forwarding is also necessary but the main thing is Static IP's as it is the most important. Here is a good Guide over at the PS Forums that should help ~ http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3025578?start=0&tstart=0

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  3. cazer

cazer Regular member

ok i understand the nat type. i am not using a comcast router. all i have from them is the modem. the router that i am using is the cisco/linsys 1000. but it only seems to let me but one ps3 into dmz. the other two routers i seemed to have to resest all the time. i will take a look at the guide and go from that. thank you.
    almost forgot the biggest problem we have is with cod. since i but my ps3 into dmz it says my nat is open and my boys are in moderate. we have problems hooking up with others that have a moderate as well. would like to make them all say open

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011