1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navigable VCD Menus

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by PlymWS, Aug 15, 2003.

1. PlymWS

PlymWS Guest

Hi,

I'm trying to create a VCD that has a series of menus, very much like a DVD.

The first one would allow the user to select one of 3 movie files. Once selected, the second screen would appear, with a "Play All" button and a "Scene Selection" button. Should the second button be pressed, a third menu appears for the scenes of that movie.

Obviously, I would need to create 3 seperate menus for the 3 movie files.

I have tried to use Ulead DVD Workshop, but because I've encoded my movie files in TMPGEnc as Constant Quality with an audio stream of 44.1 KHz at 128 K, DVD WS says the files are non-complient and tries to re-encode them.

Is there any way in which I can get DVD WS to ignore the non-complience and just burn the files ?

If not, is there a program that will allow me to add this type of menu structure to a VCD ?

Thanks.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I dont think that menu is even possible with VCD, well ye its probably possible but the programs to do it are probably non existant!