1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ND 2510-A - media, firmware, Nero?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by charwoman, Dec 15, 2004.

1. charwoman

charwoman Member

Hi there,

I've just recently tried burning a dual-layer disc on my 2510-A. I got some Ridata 2.4x +R DL discs and tried burning them with Nero Ultra, with the result suitable for shredding. Sadly, Nero can't run a simulation test on this type of media.

Before I waste another expensive DVD+DL, does anyone else have experience with this drive and this particular media? The current firmware is 2.15. The NEC website has fw rev. 2.16 available, but no data on what media might have been added. I was expecting good results since Ridata has been the most reliable for my NEC burners. But perhaps another brand, Verbatim?, would be a safer bet.

any ideas?

tia

c

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what did you burn on it, and how did you test it?

3. charwoman

charwoman Member

Just a typical authored file structure, only bigger. Otherwise I did everything I would normally do. The burn failed just a couple of minutes in, never got near a layer break, so there was no testing to be done afterward.

4. charwoman

charwoman Member

I see that perhaps it would have been better for me to post this under the hardware forum... will try there. Oh Holy Moderator, if this question should not be in two places, should I write and ask to have it removed?

Thanks

char