1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ND-3500A DVD-R help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lumnyin, Sep 21, 2004.

1. lumnyin

lumnyin Member

Ok I just purchased an ND-3500A DVD Burner and installed it into my computer. I didn't previously have a DVD burner. It was the OEM version and came with no software. When I open explorer it says its a DVD-RW, which it is. When I input a BLANK DVD-R (RiData DVD-R 8x) it changes that description to CD Drive. Then when I try accessing the drive it says it is not accessible, Incorrect Function. Is that just because the DVD is blank? If I put a CD with information on it, it opens up just fine. Like I put a Star Wars Jedi Academy disc into it and it opened fine. It also says the same thing when I put a blank CD-R into it. It does work fine though if I put a DVD movie into it. So basically it reads CD's and DVD's with data on them but says "not accessible, incorrect function" when I put a blank DVD or CD on it. Is something wrong with that? Was there firmware, software I need to go download and install for it to work?

Sense I know what I am doing burning CD-R's I went ahead and tried to burn a CD-R with just a generic movie file at 700meg's using the DVD-RW. It failed after about 15pct at 32x burning. So I went to 16x and tried again. This time it finished successfully but during the data verification it failed at about 80pct. So I tried to play the file and it didn't work. This makes me annoyed because the drive is supposed to be able to burn CD's up to 48x and it is failing at 16x.

So this makes me perplxed on if it will even work on a DVD size movie but if my drive is working fine then my question is: How do I burn an .img file to a DVD-R using the drive. If I mount it with Daemon tools it plays fine just like a DVD would. It is a 4.34gb movie .img file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  2. lumnyin

lumnyin Member

Can anyone help me here please? I am at an impasse until I find out if I should even work with the DVD burning or if I should just send the drive packing because it is not working properly. Expecially after not being able to burn a CD at 16x properlly when the drive is slotted at 48x. I am using Nero 6 Ultra.