1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NDSL R4 SDHC 2GB/4GB Loading Screen (**NO Email posting or banned**)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by shamster, Dec 2, 2008.

1. MeanBob

MeanBob Member

Hello!

I just got the R4i cartrige for the DSi from http://gocybershopping.ca in the mail today and have been having problems with it.

I formatted the mini SD that came with it to FAT using Windows Explorer, then I went to the R4i card's website which is http://r4ultra.com and got the latest update and followed all the steps on the guide at the site. After that, I just put it in the DSi and it shows up as "Danny Phantom" for some odd reason(...) and when I hit it, I just get a "Loading..." screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

funny i had ould danny on my chips around x.mass
    also are they not ment to be in fat 32

3. 11221

11221 Member

so will it fix a kingston 4gb sd card pleas tell me.

4. 11221

11221 Member

how did you get it to work.

5. 11221

11221 Member

dose it work for a r4 3.

6. 11221

11221 Member

dose it work for r4 3.

7. jovebert

jovebert Member

Hi there,

just bought my R4i from www.r4-ds-card.com and I had the same problem as you guys, "LOADING", so I've contacted the customer service who told me to format the Micro SD in FAT 32, to uncompressed the firmware then to drag and drop the files one by one on the micro SD card.
    Everything is working fine now

I have to say, this site is really good, they know what they doing and the customer service is there to help you with a livechat facility.

But I feel gutted as i bought my card 2 weeks ago with a 10% on it and I received this morning a mailshot from them for 60% discount on R4 cards.

Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

8. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

OMG dont buy r4 look HERE no 1 wants them :(
    there are better cards out there

9. jovebert

jovebert Member

well, i received my card after 4 days and it's working absolutely fine, they helped me to install the soft...
    www.r4-ds-card.com is serious with a great customer service and I like to buy with this type of company who take care of customers

10. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

nothing against the company that sold it to you,
    its just there are better cards out there

11. jakdor

jakdor Member

Hi there

Yet another R4 problem. I have an R4 Upgrade with www.R4I-SDHC.COM on the card & originally got the Date code error so went on web site & got updated firmware, put this on SD Card but it didn't work so i formatted my SD Card & started from scratch putting all the files on & now all i get is a Red square on the top screen with ? Menu inside it. I have tried formatting card to both DAT & DAT32 with no joy. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

12. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

There are two types of R4i-SDHC cards on that site, one which is compatable with DSi firmware 1.4 (has 1.4 in a yellow star on the card) and those which are not. There are seperate firmwares for each of these cards, v1.23b for the 1.4 card and v1.09c for the non 1.4 compatable card. Make sure you are using the correct firmware for your card. If you do manage to get it sorted and encounter the 'date' error again put the date on your DS two years back, this seems to sort this.

13. jakdor

jakdor Member

Thanks PJ Morie

I have got the card working again using the v1.23b. It all looks different on the screens & you have to create a save file first before the game loads but that's no hardship as long as it works. Thanks again.

14. poetwolf

poetwolf Member

Pugg --

Ok I really hope that you can help but you seem the most knowledgeable here. I have a DS Lite and we bought the New R4 SDHC Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) the box is black with green letters that say R4 and NEW in a yellow Flare Star in top right of front. We bought the SanDisk 4GB Trans Flash card to go with it. When I follow all the instructions and even format the card with both windows and panasonic sd for-matter I still receive this screen every time I start the DS. The screen is white with a red trans flash card sideways a sweating face and underneath it says MENU?. Since the card packaging says the site is www.r4new.com I have tried all the kernels that you have here. I do not know what to do anymore. Did I mess up the TF Card? What is the root file just the empty card correct? Please Help Me Please before I hurt my boyfriend for buying this for me and giving me a 5 month headache. Thanks Again.

15. Chytrak

Chytrak Member

Hi, I have NDS Lite, R4-SDHC Upgrade Revolution(site on the front:www.R4I-SDHC.com) and two micro SD cards: Transcend 4GB Micro SDHC and some noname 512 MB Micro SD. I'm absolutely sure about the firmware, because the company gave the 512 Micro SD card with it. I loaded just with 4 games and when I start the game an error comes out: Application halted!! Please refer [/moonshl2/logbuf.txt].

Thanks for replying.

16. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

When you turn on the DS you should get three icons on the bottom screen called Games, Media and Slot 2/Config.
    Select the Games icon and you should see a list of the 4 games that you put on and a file called MOONSHL2.NDS.
    To load up a game just highlight the game and press 'A' or click on it with the stylus.
    If you load the MOONSHL2.NDS file and then try and load up one of the games the error you mentioned is generated.
    If you are only going to use the R4 card to play DS Games then you don't even have to copy the two folders called moonmemo and moonshl2 to your SD card.
    Make sure that the .nds files (games) you put on are in the root of the SD card.

17. lqq889

lqq889 Member

Hi, I have NDS Lite, R4-SDHC Upgrade Revolution(site on the box is www.r4isdhc.com) and one Kingston 4GB Micro SDHC,when i go to the above website to download the firmware,it lead me to the home page of "www.nds9.com" and i cant download the firmware from here, and i also don knw which firmware is works for my R4 card, i had try a lot of different firmwares, but all stay at the screen with the "Loading..." word on top of the screen, please some one come and help me and tell me what i should to to make it works, thanks!

http://bbs.tvgame360.com.tw/data/attachment/forum/201007/09/022711tz8t0fthn691d1lh.jpg

http://bbs.tvgame360.com.tw/data/attachment/forum/201007/09/005836unptgowkjtt1g5nw.jpg

*incredibly large embedded images changed to links by moderator to preserve bandwidth *

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  18. a1n5j

a1n5j Member

Hi,

My DSi is v1.4U and iam using r4i gold with moonshell2.. at first im using 2gb micro sd and i had no problem playing games, movies and mp3s for 6 months but when i changed my sd card to 4gb (it says that r4i gold works/compatible upto 32gb) most of my games that previously works on my 2gb suddenly hangs or white screen appears after loading, but i can play my movies and mp3s flawlessly on it...

What will i do??? what seems to be the problem????

Please help me....

19. a1n5j

a1n5j Member

Hi,

My DSi is v1.4U and iam using r4i gold with moonshell2.. at first im using 2gb micro sd and i had no problem playing games, movies and mp3s for 6 months but when i changed my sd card to 4gb (it says that r4i gold works/compatible upto 32gb) most of my games that previously works on my 2gb suddenly hangs or white screen appears after loading, but i can play my movies and mp3s flawlessly on it...

What will i do??? what seems to be the problem????

Please help me....

20. Sakudoodl

Sakudoodl Member

Hey all,
    I had all these problems too. When I went trough directory and clicked my game there it told me processing, please wait. Then shoots to loading screen and stays there....

Ok I got a game working. But it get's stuck before the main menu of the game even appears. (Goes passed Loading though)

Anyone that can help me with this?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010