1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NDSL R4 SDHC 2GB/4GB Loading Screen (**NO Email posting or banned**)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by shamster, Dec 2, 2008.

1. harvestmoon

harvestmoon Member

getting fustrated...if i get past the logging screen out comes the blank screen..if i manage to fix the blank screen then the logging screen comes back O.O been trying to fx this for hours

2. hamzy

hamzy Guest

HI DOES THE R4i SDHC wifi with the V1.4 Written on the Card work on an Nintendo dsi V1.3?? If yess where can i download the bootfiles from HELP !!!!

Cheers

3. harvestmoon

harvestmoon Member

its me again ok ill tell what i did

so i was searching on how to put r4 action replay codes on the DS.then this one website said i need to update my r4 card to the latest firmware so i did.when i placed the sd card back into the ds out came the ''logging screen''.so i searched for its cure and a video in you tube told me to get the latest firmware ''again'' and format my sd card on ''FAT 32''.so i did and i did get rid of the ''logging screen'' but it was replaced with a ''blank screen''.so i formated it again but this time into ''FAT'' only and i followed pugg's advice up to the last number.i got rid of the ''blank screen'' but the ''loading screen'' came back.and i have been trying to fix it for 4 hours.i asked my cousin how much it would take to get the r4 card fixed.he said it cant be fixed and that i would need to buy a new one that would cost me 3k on our currency..and buy another sd card that is 3k worth in our currency as well..so i would be spending 6k for it?O.O im not rich..please help me.. :(

what i have:

2GB microSD memory card
    R4 card (not sure what type it is since the label was peeled off >.>)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  4. harvestmoon

harvestmoon Member

its me again ok ill tell what i did

so i was searching on how to put r4 action replay codes on the DS.then this one website said i need to update my r4 card to the latest firmware so i did.when i placed the sd card back into the ds out came the ''logging screen''.so i searched for its cure and a video in you tube told me to get the latest firmware ''again'' and format my sd card on ''FAT 32''.so i did and i did get rid of the ''logging screen'' but it was replaced with a ''blank screen''.so i formated it again but this time into ''FAT'' only and i followed pugg's advice up to the last number.i got rid of the ''blank screen'' but the ''loading screen'' came back.and i have been trying to fix it for 4 hours.i asked my cousin how much it would take to get the r4 card fixed.he said it cant be fixed and that i would need to buy a new one that would cost me 3k on our currency..and buy another sd card that is 3k worth in our currency as well..so i would be spending 6k for it?O.O im not rich..please help me.. :(

5. harvestmoon

harvestmoon Member

omg double post how can i delete the other one?

6. harvestmoon

harvestmoon Member

how do u know on what version to get????

7. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

lol
    dont you mean a Quad post

8. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

Have a look at the back of the card by the contacts, some of the R4 cards have the model written on the PCB. Was the card working before you updated the firmware for the AR codes and if so do you know what version it was?

9. Erwin0910

Erwin0910 Guest

Go to R4ds.cn and download version the latest firmware available. insert your micro SD card into the micro SD card reader that came with your R4DS then plug into the computer. Simply drag and drop ALL of the files included onto the micro SD card.

10. r4isstuck

r4isstuck Member

I am currently stuck with a r4i sdhc card.
    Tried all the formatting stuff and firmware from the site several times - even tried other languages just to check!
    Still just the loading screen!
    Sent Pugg a pm - hope he replies!
    My little lad is losing patience as I have spent 8 plus hours on this in the last 24!!

11. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

If it's an R4i-SDHC card (like the one from here www.r4i-sdhc.com) there is firmware for the card with the 1.4 marked on it an one firmware for the card without it. There are so many different types of R4 cards availbale that it's getting harder and harder to find the correct firmware when something goes wrong. Best place to start is the site mentioned on the card, if any, or the box it came in. You could also try this site as it has firmware for most of the cards: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

12. r4isstuck

r4isstuck Member

I have used the firmware on that site for my card - not the 1.4. I have done it in almost every language, still just get the loading screen, so somethings wrong!

13. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

Did the card work at any stage and if so which version of firmware did it work on?
    Has your DSi internal Firmware been updated as a new version was released a few weeks back (1.4.1) which stops a lot of the cards working?
    Have you tried another SD card if you have one?

I have one of these cards (using R4i V1.09d) and it is very troublesome, endless formating and re-installing, was able to play a game or two then next time you try and load a game it would just hang up.

14. r4isstuck

r4isstuck Member

i am trying to use it in a DS, a DSI is planned nearer christmas.

it has only been bought and just wont work - even when i tried a different SD card.

is there a different card that I can buy that will work 100% ?

thanks for your replies :)

15. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

So your saying that the card never worked then. Where did you buy it from and have you tried asking the sellers site for help?

I'll PM you what I think is a good alternitive.

16. tinmar1

tinmar1 Member

I just got a R4iSDHC V2.0.09 BETA(the Happy Box edition)for NDSLL/NDSI/NDSL/ND. I downloaded the kernel R4iEnglishV2.0.09B and that's it. No need to run update nothing. I tried several times with no luck, but decided to try one more time and like magic, it started to work. I will surprise my son tomorrow morning.
    Good luck

17. achkill337

achkill337 Guest

im really sorry about this but im so stresseed bought a real r4i-sdhc 1.4 in rightin not a gold pow mark just righting christmas limted edition tried 40 softwares kernals only 2 work 1.17b and 1.14b yet no rntf can be found no dldi patching no exit firmware im being told they dont work its 5 months old i only want to play on my ds lite nothing else i have files moonshl r4i menu r4dat ds mshl dat or summat and ds munu dat or summat seems u need a mshl_ file just to load on mine 1.27b i tried copy and replace those four files tried software reset in folder says loading www.r4i-sdhc.com so switxhed it off. i tried 40 diff things up all week til 5am pls i pray so much for some simple step by step instructions but his sites probably old and brokn like all the others and wont get the help i need. i dont understand about kernals or owt i no you need a kernal to work games on my ds lite website but does tht mean any new versions i just reformat card and put in i don keep ioriginal kernal and just replace the four. because when i replace the r4dat doeasnt work or it will say v.17b when i just put v.1.27 on and maybe 3 games work out of 40 the very first old r4 cards did tht i bought new one speedy flagship product to combat tht tho seems worse or they have removed the right kernal because new upgrade 1.41 bloacks flash cards on dsi 1.3 or higher what the heck does tht meqan i dont have a dsi i dont care abou the block providing it does not block my ds lite. but they mention nothing about what you need for tht they just say buy a new card whats wrong with this working just say 70 percent a gqames with old software pls help my card came in a red christmas box in gold righting but not a gold card a red one only offer is 1.17b available frm there site r4isdhc site but menu writing in red when i go into media says moonshl ver 2.00plus 1 stable but at bttom in red quickly flashes saying cant dldi patch software halted so i try to exit then sAYS RSTF CAN NOT BE FOUND MITE OF WROTE THT WRONG THER. and also cant find extension memory now surely everything i need should be there when i download tht 1.17b from there site with a clear pic underneath too the card sorry for this huge essay also sorry for spelling stuff wrong just so stressed id help any one inform,ation such a brilliant thing to help iother nowing i did it. hope u can share same compasion for me guys thank you so much in advance

18. sn00py

sn00py Member

Hi Pugg,

I would appreciate if you could send me the software you are talking about. I have a NDSi v1.4a, with a 4gb SD card, inside a R4i v1.45 revolution for DS (blue in colour). I can load the card on the DSI and can play music and see photos but cannot play any games ... it freezes and says "Application halted !!Please refer [/moonshl2/logbuf.txt]"

thanks

19. mick561

mick561 Member

i have a new r4sdhc card with 2gb miro card but all the kernals ive used dont work

a loading screen appears and thats it

i really need your help

thanks

i bought the card at r4ultra.com

20. SuzieD

SuzieD Member

Hi Pugg !
    I have finally managed to get my R4SDHC card V3 working with software v1.29b, but am unable to play any games on it. I can see the games in the main menu but when I come to click on them, I just get the message "Create Save File" then he screen goes blank. Could you PLEASE help - Ive been trying for days to sort this out and thought Id cracked it once I got the menu loaded, but now the games wont play ! Thanks a lot :)