1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nebula DVB-T card

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by pede, Jun 26, 2003.

1. pede

pede Regular member

Any god or bad experiences with the Nebula DVB-T card?

How's the software evolving?

2. luxurylap

luxurylap Member

The Nebula card is way ahead of it's competition in terms of its software and usability.

MHEG digital text is now supported and the built in 7 day EPG is a very handy feature. Support is excellent with emails generally answered within 1 hour (Hauppauge generally take about 1 week to reply in my experience. You can also now record the entire multiplex (up to 6 channels at once). Version 3 is out in 2 weeks, it looks very good have a look here: http://www.nebula-electronics.com/beta/v3_00.asp

I've owned the Nova-T card as well and would definately not recomend that card even though it is now selling for less than £65 (almost half that of the Nebula).

You won't regret buying a nebula.

3. pede

pede Regular member

looks good

seems to be the best alternative presently.

there were some compability issues with Finnish broadcasters subtitling and channel identification on the recording function, partly due to non-compability to standars on part of the broadcasters, but partly also to some differences in broadcasting modulation ( UK, COFDM-modulation and Finnish 64-QAM; don't ask me what the difference is)

I'll wait for the 3.0 version of the software, and if the reviews are favourable, get it.

One thing one doesn't want to have, is a new hobby of endlessly quirking the settings of a card that has been released to early.

It seems that most of the digital tv-tuner cards are not at the product stage yet.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2003