1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC 2510 - unable to burn movies...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jppjpp, Sep 21, 2004.

1. jppjpp

jppjpp Member

Hi I have just bought a new NEC 2510. When I burn it appears to complete successfully, but when played back the picture is glitchly.

I have been trying to burn imagies to DVD using Alcohol 120 and I have been burning my own mpeg movies to CDR using Nero 6.

Ive tried burning the mpegs to CDR at the lowest speed, still to no avail. I use memorex 52x CDR and the Infinity X4 DVDR's
    Im on Win Xp.

Your help will be greatly appreciated. The stack of coasts is getting ridiculous! I sold my old Pioneer DVDR to my mate, im tempted to buy it back !

JPP

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'd suggest two things straight away. Try better media such as branded Ritek, Verbatim Metal AZO, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden then update your firmware to the latest revision.

Quality media goes a long way towards good results and new firmwares help media compatibility and write strategy :)

3. jppjpp

jppjpp Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

The dvdr and cdr used to burn fine on my old drive. But point taken, I'll try to different dvdr's.

The other thing, Ive tried looking for a firmware site, but can't find one. The only thing I seem to have found is http://www.herrie.org/, which is currently down, any others... ?

4. jppjpp

jppjpp Member