1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC 3500A problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by empath357, Dec 9, 2004.

1. empath357

empath357 Guest

For some reason when choosing my new 3500A as the recorder in Nero, it shows the maximum speed as 4x. What's going on? Am I missing some calibration thing or something? The drive firmware is the version 2.16 which came with the drive. Any suggestions? I'm desperate for an answer.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

media your using?

3. empath357

empath357 Guest

At the moment I'm trying to use Ritek 8x +R media. Would my media keep the higher speeds from showing up even when just checking the drive properties with Nero? I figure it might not give me the option to burn at higher speeds, but at least it might show that higher speeds were possible with the drive. I dunno, Can never figure this out.

4. flip218

No your drive is more than capable of buring at 8x, especially if your using 8x media.

Have you tried a clean install of Nero? Uninstall Nero, and run Nero's cleaning tools?

5. empath357

empath357 Guest

thanks for the suggestion. a clean install might do the trick. i didn't know that nero had some kind of cleaning functions, but i will look.

6. flip218

7. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

If you're using a trial version, it may only allow you to burn at a certain speed until you register.

8. empath357

empath357 Guest

NAw, it's the full version. Unfortunately I have not had time to address this problem again in the last day, since my wife broke her leg and I have to take care of her. I will trial a clean install of nero when I get a moment. Thanks.