1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC DVD +RW Region Reset

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by burny1, Mar 24, 2004.

1. burny1

burny1 Member

Hi all,

I have a NEC DVD +RW ND-5100A DVD writer/player in my Dell laptop. My problem is that I need to reset the Region setting as I have hit the limit and I cannot rip any disks if the drive is not set on the correct region. Using RegionFree DVD does not work.

Anybody know how I can reset the count or maybe disable it?

Thanks in advance.

Bernard

2. ganz

ganz Guest

I think that once you reach the limit on the drive there's no undoing it, but I could be wrong... maybe if there's a hacked firmware for that particular drive out there, but that's about all I can think of to get rid of region codes...

3. burny1

burny1 Member

Hi again!

Just a quick note to inform you guyd that I found a site www.harrie.org that has hacked firmware for NEC Drives. I haven't installed it yet, however hopefully it will work.

Cheers.

Bernard

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Have you got DVD43 freeware?, this makes all of your drives region free. It works a treat on my PC. If that does not work then try AnyDvd by Slysoft. This makes all of your drives region free, removes CSS & macrovision protection. Also both software runs in the background & does not have to be initialised to work. I have both items & have had zero problems copying movies with dvdx platinum.

5. burny1

burny1 Member

Thanks I will try it tonight - hold thumbs!

Regards,

Burny