1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC Multisync95 Monitor Shrinking towards Bottom

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by kellirich, Jun 7, 2004.

1. kellirich

kellirich Member

I am having problems with my NEC Multisync95 19" monitor. It seems to have come on out of the blue. While I continually do work on the computer, my knowledge of the way they work is severely lacking.

As of yesterday afternoon, the picture on the monitor appears to be compressed at the bottom. If you are looking at the fonts and pictures at the bottom, it looks like someone has squished them. This seems to be a gradual "squishing" as you go down the page. The brightness seems to have dimmed, even though the settings for the monitor show it to be as bright as possible.

I have tried updating the driver, running a scan on my system for viruses and using Gateway's trouble shooting feature. No answer has been found or even a reference to this type of problem.

My husband is hypothesizing that it may be a hardware problem with the monitor since it is squished from the very first part of Windows XP startup. We have owned this monitor for about 4 years and I don't want to go buy a new one if it isn't the actual hardware.

Thank you for any assistance you can give!

Sincerely,
    Kelli Richardson

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member