1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC ND-1000A for the love of god HELP ME!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Gent, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Gent

Gent Guest

b4 i go insane... i've read all the other posts regarding this dvd burner and am under the impression it's a hunk of Junk.

I can't get it to recognize the blank DVD's, it will play all other formats but not burn!!! i've tried using Nero5 and cdrwin but am getting no where fast.

Are there only certain formats you can record to dvd disc? i have files in bin&cue, VoB,divx etc that i wanna burn and watch on my dvd player.... am i doing things wrong????

I am a complete newb with this and can't find any info anywhere else. There was no software or setup manual with the drive.

Does it need to be set up in some magic way?

Please help me to burn my movies... beer to the first correct answers... b4 i loose all my hair

2. shmanda

shmanda Member

3. Gent

Gent Guest

OK am prob being realy thick here but... are the 1000 and 1100 burners the same or is the firmware the same?? I've been told updating the firmware won't do squat.

I rang the NEC tec help line and they told me that the burner will only run with certain disc's like sony,tdk etc.... it's a bloomin fiddle if you ask me guv!!!

4. baggins1

baggins1 Member

My Dell with the same burner did not recognise my blank discs till i realised that i was a wally and was tring to use a dvd-R disc and as it is a +R burner i'm not surprised.
    After that it worked like a dream without ant updates and in my opinion the sevice from Dell tec support is second to none.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2003
  5. Gent

Gent Guest

cool, wot make of discs are you using... please tell.

And my machine defo aint dell, i take it that they are just using this in there machines?

6. baggins1

baggins1 Member

Is your burner a +R then? I use Packard bell+R
    you can get them at pc world. I know that pc world is expensive but let us try and get you up and burning before we look at cheap sources!!! Buy a +RW and if it dont work you can sell it on e-bay. +Rw discs are great to practice with

7. koola

koola Guest

PC World LOL, hehe, haha, good one!

Just look on the AD Media forum about types of media and where to get them from.

Prob solved!

8. nahcyrag

nahcyrag Member

i have the Nd-1000A with origial firmware, it has been working perfectly. I had make movie DVD, PS2, everything works great. Gent, if u are trying to copy divx into a dvd and expect to play it on a regular dvd player. U are doing it all wrong, the Divx files has to be converted back to a MPG2 format which will play fine in any DVD player. I uses Fujifilm DVD+R and Memorex if anyone is wondering. Remember it has to be DVD+R.

9. Gent

Gent Guest

Cheers mate... yea i got me some dvd+rw but they just won't work, they were a cheap bundle, figured i'd use them till i got it right! how wrong can u b.

I'll go hunt down some of the ones you mentioned.

It's the bin & Cue files i'm trying to copy to disc.

Divx i'm watching through the pc on tv card on a 40" monster:)

any more hints n tips will be apprecitaed m8

10. koola

koola Guest

Don't use the DVD+R disc's as they have known compatability issues with standalone's. Stick with DVD-R as there will be a better chance of compatability :D

As for burning Bin/Cue files to DVD, just use Nero 6 which will burn them to DVD.

11. Gent

Gent Guest

well i've had some sucsess today in that i've burnt some to cdrw.... and my mates told me of a dvd player for £50 that will play just about anything.... so am off to buy it as my sony don't like them... thanks for all the advice

12. baggins1

baggins1 Member

Koola if he has a +R burner he has to use +R discs or am i missing something cos i can't see anywhere that his burner is different to mine i.e is a + and a - R burner!!!!!

13. koola

koola Guest

baggins1, he didn't say he had a DVD+R burner but only some DVD+R discs, so he has probs a duel writer!!!

If he use's DVD-R, he will get better compatability.

:D

14. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

he said he has a nec 1000, which is only +R. The 1300 is duel format.

15. Gent

Gent Guest

yep my burners dvd+rw only and a standard cd-rw.... but i can't get it to do either!! me thinks it's cream crackered. Will be takin it back at the w/e to get a better less trouble some beast.

16. baggins1

baggins1 Member

Glad you can read as well sly LOL
    Keep us informed Gent

17. koola

koola Guest

So it is a crapy +R burner after all.
    Make sure Gent you either get a Pioneer A06 or the Optorite DVD burner. Both of these are duel format which will be useful later-on when they finaly decide on one format (+ or -). If you do get a -R writer, then use DVD-R media as it is much better than the +R which has poor compatability with most standalones._X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVD BackUp Info: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk
    DVD Guides and Tools: http://www.simpleguides.tk

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2003
  18. Mattchew

Mattchew Guest

I have the NEC ND-1000A in my PC,works faultessley when burning disks with Nero.

One question,as I'm pretty new to computing,can someone please explain the use of firmware in my NEC drive,and what advantages are there in using it?

My drive won't read disks in NTSC format,but my standalone DVD player will read just about anything.

Anyone have a clue why please?

Thanks!

19. Gent

Gent Guest

Wot disc's are you using fella... please tell me cus i'm still avin large amounts a grief finding stuff that works and spendin large amounts of feckin dosh.