1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC ND-1300A

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by WEStar, Sep 21, 2003.

1. WEStar

WEStar Active member

Any feedback on this drive??? it's dual format 4X and seeme to be a good value!!!
    thanks

2. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

I haven't got it and I can't say anything.

Have a look at the Pionner A06 and as well as the NEW Plextor (PX-708A) which I just got.

It writes 8x DVD+R and 4x DVD-R but it's also good as CD-writer.

3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

thanks for the reply... I already know about the pioneer and I've always liked plextor but, I was hoping to get feedback and opinions about the NEC.

4. DMW

DMW Regular member

Hi WEStar, I have had the NEC for a whil enow and the only hiccup i had was when i first bought it, it had an old firmware and was very picky about certain media, as soon as i flashed it it has worked fine. I have used various + and - media, cheap and bloody expensive and not made one coaster, yet! the time will come im sure! For the money i dont think you can by better, for a simalior price you could by a plus only or minus only, but it is about the cheapest dual format on the market and id reccomend it completely!! I must admit im a sony fan 100% but funds wouldnt allow at the time. PLextor cannot be faulted either, tad expensive, but hey, you get what you pay for. That doesnt mean that because the NEC is cheap it is naff, its great! If its cheap enough, buy it now, you wont regret it!
    Hope it helps.