1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC ND-2500A not reading DVDs...?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jestah57, Aug 7, 2007.

1. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

hi all, this thread is related to one I have on the Nero forum, back when i thought Nero was the problem.

I have an NEC ND-2500A which no longer reads DVDs...it reads CDs i just found out, but not DVD's of any kind.

I tried everything from uninstalling the IDE drivers, uninstalling the drive, cleaning the lens, flashing the firmware, and giving it couple slaps....(jus kidding, but tempted)...

any thoughts? I thought it could be dying, but why would it read DVD's and not DVDs if it were on its deathbed?

thanks in advance...

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

The 2500 is a fairly old drive and nothing lasts forever...one thing you could check is your ASPI using Nero InfoTool. If it is corrupt you could be experiencing erratic results such as what you explained. If it is corrupt you can google ForceASPI for a fresh installation which may or may not fix your problem. If this isn't the case you will be shopping at NewEgg for new drive.

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Had a SONY that did the same thing. Time to shop.

-Del