1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC ND-3520A burner trouble

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nhakseluj, Jan 27, 2005.

1. nhakseluj

nhakseluj Member

I just received my very first DVD burner in the mail yesterday, and installed it as the master. The slave is ad DVD ROM/CD RW drive.

Windows XP recognized the drive upon rebooting the computer, so I went straight to burning a preauthored DVD. I used Nero Burning ROM 6.6.0.0 and followed the guide on this forum. The burn was successful at 2X and data verification completed successfully as well.

I was using a Verbatim 2X DVD-RW disc.

The disc would not play in the other drive, so I checked to make sure it would play a known working disc and it can just fine. The disc would not play in a PS2 or a Toshiba DVD player.

I thought that the firmware might be the problem, so I installed what seems to be a popular firmware for this model from:
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=120432

Burning additional preauthored DVDs produced exactly the same problem - a verified and completed burn that will not play in any of my other drives but perfectly fine on the original drive (Using VLC media player)

Thank you.

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

had you had sucsess playing DVD-rw disc in your playback drives before you got your dvd burner ? Perhaps playing movies a friend had made for you -or if you have a DVD recorder that will record DVD-RW disc dvd's you've made that way perhaps your playback drives simply are incompatable with DVD-RW movies/media. ? Perhaps you might try a DVD-R disc or A DVD+R disc instead of the rewritables. Just a thought keep trying and check back at afterdawn.com often ! GOOD BURNING ,GOOD LUCK & GOOD DAY-PEACE

3. nhakseluj

nhakseluj Member

I got DVD-R discs and it burned discs will now play on my PS2, though not on either of my 2 other drives. I am satisfied.