1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need 4x DVD+R Media in bulk for Sony DRU-500AX

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by monodax, Feb 9, 2003.

1. monodax

monodax Member

Hello, I just purchased a Sony DRU-500AX and bought a couple of 3 pack 4x DVD+R media @ best buy for 14.99 a pack. I am looking for somewhere online that sells them in higher quantities possibly for a lower price.
    Thanks

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

monodax,

Best if you say what country you live in.

HomerJ

3. monodax

monodax Member

4. jsl

jsl Member

5. monodax

monodax Member

Thank you, I didn't even realize they had 50 packs of the 4x. Those are the ones I bought in the smaller packs from them which work awesome in the Sony. I will definitely order some as they are as cheap as anyone online for 4x media.

6. xgasman

xgasman Member

Just in case anybody is interested: the BEST BUY disks are rated at 2.4x NOT 4x. At least according to their site.

7. risky4me

risky4me Guest

I have purchased the 4x in the local Best Buy store. Online they advertised a 50 pack of 4x. (I'm not sure what they advertise now.) However, when my order arrived it was 2.4x, and I had to return it (they admitted their mistake). Buyer beware! You don't always get what you order from some online stores. Really sucks, therefore, I haven't order anything on line from them since! Hopefully I will be able to catch the 4x in stock locally, when I run out of blanks.

8. alienatd

alienatd Member

Try supermediastore.com I found them and they have the best prices I have found so far on all types of DVD media

9. alienatd

alienatd Member

They also have one company that sells the DVD cases. I bought some rom insite on Ebay which hold 2 DVDs per case. These cases are like the ones store bought DVDs come in so you can scan the covers o your original and print covers or your new cases.

10. xgasman

xgasman Member

I haven't seen the 4x disks either at BEST BUY online or in their store locally. They apparently are still in short supply and will cost a lot more than the current 2x disks. I think they may also be trying to get rid of all their stock of 2x or at least any 1x left in excess of normal stock as newer and faster drives appear.

11. monodax

monodax Member

The ones from Best Buy rock for the Sony. I have went through many of them and haven't had one yet fail for @ 4X.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2003