1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need a better DVD builder/burner than roxio home that came with my burner.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jrx10, May 3, 2007.

1. jrx10

jrx10 Member

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for posting this, but I had some WMV files that I made with WMM so I thought I would try out this Roxio Home all-in-one "suite" to edit/author and burn these WMV files to dvd. I didn't want to burn a DVD directly so after authoring with this Roxio POJ, I burned an iso to file then tried to open with shrink, and it wouldn't open. Then I burned my compilation iso to disk with ImgBurn and it played ok but sort of "jerky" and the audio was dropping out, but shrink still wouldn't open the disk dvd files (corrupted DVD). So then I washed the burned DVD through RipIt4Me and after it and Decrypter (decrypter had no problems but it replaced some sectors with blanks) -- cleaned out a bunch of crap, it took FixVTS over 30 minutes to clean up this DVD mess made by this roxio program. (shrink just now opened it after FixVts took forever to wash it) I transcoded a couple of VOBs from these WMV files and they didn't have any problems playing on their own, so it almost has to be this editing/burning program from roxio. Just need a suggestion for something better to edit/combine/author/burn to iso or disk, WMV files. thx. btw, is there any way to get Decrypter or RipItForMe/Decrypter to open DVD files from file and not disk (mount them on a virtual DVD drive) etc? thx

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It is the wrong section of the forum, but I'll try to help if I can. First off, WMV is a proprietary Microsoft MPEG4 format. DVD is MPEG2. So, it's not junky software, you're just trying to make DVD software do things it wasn't intended for. You can convert the WMV to DVD format with a conversion program. You can try the trial Nero if you don't have it and see if Nero Vision 4 will do the conversion. There's a lot of AVI to DVD converters available that handle the WMV format, just google.