1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a few tips please.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by HeatHeavy, Oct 26, 2004.

1. HeatHeavy

HeatHeavy Member

Just got a used ps2 today, but been lurking on the board for a little while now because I find it very intresting. Correct me if im wrong but i believe i have a version 7 ps2.(scph-39001) I don't plan to install a mod chip, but i want to start experimenting with the swap disc method for playing games. Can you vets give me some advice as to what a good combination of methods/software/hardware could be used to do this? Specifically the version of swap magic or the other similar products that may work well with v7 ps2's. Do you also suggest getting a flip top? I plan to mostly play dvd-r games. Thx.

2. HeatHeavy

HeatHeavy Member

ok now im finding out i have a version 4 ps2 seeing the electrical hazard on bottom. mmmmmmk. im confused.

3. picz

picz Member

4. Warman

Warman Member

I have the same model numbel scph-39001 and I think that is version 7. I havent checked the bottom of my ps2 for the electrical harzard stamp. I am confused as well what did you find out HeatHeavy? I will be purchasing the flip top soon and I hope that I will be able to make backup copies of my games without problems. I will be using DVD Decrypter.

5. HeatHeavy

HeatHeavy Member

Well im still confused. According to this site http://www.modchip.com/ps2/ps2id.htm I have a version 7 since I have a scph number of 39001. I also have the electrical warning hazard on the bottom though...which indicates on the same site that its a version 4.

6. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

Use the scph number.