1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a good P2P app, and getting lost searching..

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by XeroLaw, Aug 4, 2007.

1. XeroLaw

XeroLaw Member

Hi. I've searched the forums, and didn't get much help. I've used a few different applications for P2P. Here's a list of what I have used:
    Napster, Morpheus, Kazaa, Kazaa Lite K++, WinMX, DC++, Aimster/Madster (both), and the second Morpheus. I didn't like Mopheus or Kazaa at all. Kazaa Lite was ok, and worked very well for a good while, but that went bye bye. I don't like LimeWire, not very good speeds and it doesn't give me the results I want. It also has a lot of fake files, as do all P2P networks, but I've never had this much of a problem. Napster, well that's self-explanatory (lawsuit). WinMX didn't work well for me. I couldn't download much of anything, had a hard time connecting, didn't get many results, etc. Aimster/Madster I didn't use long, it worked so so when I did use it. I soon moved on. DC++ I didn't ever play with long enough to even figure it out. And once I started reading some of the stuf I didn't know what it was becaue it was a bit different than your general P2P. I guess it's supposed to be more advanced, I just don't know which one to use or where to get the best info for it.

On another note, I've never used Bit Torrent. I'm not sure what it is exactly. I'm willing to try whatever, as long as there is somewhere I can read up on it to learn how to use it well. I like options. And while searching, I see something that said no torrent invite, what is that? Would I have to pay to use Bit Torrent, or at least download? I know the software itself is free. I have cable, that on average runs at (only a mere) 6 megabits per second. So whatever is best for broadband would be appreciated. If you need to know any system specifications, hardware or software, or anything about the LAN please let me know and I will provide as much information as I can.

I just want a good peer-to-peer application. I'm not asking what's best or whatever. I found plenty of opinions of what's best. I just want to know what works and will get the job done.

2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

As far as bittorrent, the two most used programs are uTorrent and Azureus.

uTorrent is smaller, lighter on system resources and easier to setup.
    Azureus has more options and plugins available.

I use Azureus as it gets me better speeds. But that is different for every person. I would say that if you have less than a GB of RAM, uTorrent would be a better choice. There are guides for both in the AfterDawn guides section above. A ctrl-F for utorrent on that page will bring you to the area for setup guides for both.

"no torrent invite" refers to not asking for invitations to private tracker sites. there generally is no fee for these sites. But, one has to have an invitation from a member to get in. There are advantages, I suppose, to a private site, but I have not used one.

There are many public sites where you can find just about whatever you want. There is no fee. Other than a different method of transfer, the situation is basically the same as the traditional peer to peer apps.

3. justbedat

justbedat Guest

hey ya all I would say if you are having problem downloading movies with other download site then try edited by ddp a service that provides users with unlimited access to movie files and other media that can be downloaded, or burned onto CD or DVD. Extremely fast downloads.
    Enjoy ya all...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007