1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need a high speed digital vid camera - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by darthnip, Jan 29, 2004.

1. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

Hey guys, for work i need to find a high quality, high speed digital video camera with a good PC inteface. If i have to buy a PC for it, thats fine, price is not an issue at all. I need this puppy to be able to give high quality recording at a very minimum of 1000fps, but anything that will get 25,000 - 30,000fps would be prefered. I've looked at alot of things online, but i figured i'd tap the wealth of knowledge we have here in case anyone has had experience in this field. again, price is not important, i just need good quality and good PC interface. any suggestions would be great.

2. Woolie

Woolie Guest

I own a Sony PD-150 and It works great with both my PC and Mac. I run adobe Premiere v6 on my PC and Final Cut Pro v3 on my Mac. It is a high end 3 ccd camera, with XLR audio inputs (a must if you want professional audio), it was rather pricey though. ($5500 CDN) for mine. There has recently been a new version of the camera released the PD-170, which has a few new features. Also the VX1000 and VX2100 are good choices as well. The VX's are about $1000 to $1500 cheaper than the PD family.

Hope this helps

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i have an olympus salesman coming to work tomorrow to demo an I-speed for me. It's $35,000US but i think it should do what i need it to do, hopefully anyway for that kinda cash.