1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a little DVD2Xbox Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by BidiBAH, Dec 11, 2004.

1. BidiBAH

BidiBAH Guest

I'm having some problems and am about to cry lol. I use DVD2Xbox to take from original to HDD no problem. Then FTP them to PC, make an ISO, burn the DVD; plays fine in XBox. My problem is when I try to use DVD2Xbox to copy the backup DVD to the HDD. The file is 1/3 the size and it will load up fine but when I start a new game it freezes. I've redone the entire process numerous times. This is really starting to get to me so any help is appreciated.

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Hi, hopefully I can be of some help!!LOL Anyways, I was having a problem with DVD2XBOX 0.4.9 so I upgraded to Version 0.6.0, this took care of my problems with games freezing at the menu screen. Also, I was able to load a backup game to the hdd with no problems. The newest version includes a two phase default.xbe media check with optional patching+added a new ACL function called SR (set game region) just to name a few. I recommend you go to Eurasia.nu and sign up(it,s free) and update DVD2XBOX if you havn't already. Hope this helps you out.

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Why do you want to copy the backup to the hdd? You've already setup the game folders on your hdd, so why would you want to put it on there again?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I was asking myself the same question???

5. BidiBAH

BidiBAH Guest

The reason I am trying to load games to the HDD from the backup disk is because of overhead. I am in the Navy and need to consolidate as much as I can. If I can get this to work that means all I have to have is the box while underway, and don't have to worry about misplacing back up game disks or having games stolen. Also I'm not necessarily going to want the games that are on the HDD now, but I would like the option to load them back on if I do.

6. ozy

ozy Regular member

also check in the dvd2xbox settings that acl deletion is set to "no" but this depends if you have loaded your own acl files to the program.