1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a little help.........please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by emsdad, Feb 28, 2007.

1. emsdad

emsdad Member

It has been awhile but I have a few dvds that I would like to back-up. I am using dvdfab(just dowloaded newer version), shrink and imageburn. I can burn the saw 3 with fab, but shrink will not recognize the disk and imagburn will not even find let me open the file. I am not a whiz when it comes to this and I need something as simple as possible. Should I get rid of the programs that I have and start over? If so what are some good programs to get? I have run anydvd in the past and had good results. Thank You!

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I like the following FREE software:

DVD Decrypter
    DVD Shrink
    ImgBurn
    DVDFab Decrypter
    VOB Blanker
    FixVTS
    RipIt4Me

Check the Software and Guides section. As far as Saw 3 is concerned, hopefully you have checked the established threads.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hi emsdad,

Seeing how you are already comfortable using what you have I would suggest you just add one more step to your process and you should be fine. Follow these steps

1) rip to HD w/DVDFab
    2) Run those files ripped to HD with FixVTS (this is the added step needed in your current process)
    3) run those files threw DVDShrink
    4) Burn your disk with ImageBurn

Here is a quick guide on FixVTS. You can get the program here FixVTS Download
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This only takes a couple of minutes to do and I would reccomend this for all of your backups

Cheers

4. emsdad

emsdad Member

Thanks BBMAYO that fixvts worked.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem, and I would recommend you do all of your backups this way just consider FixVTS as a safety net and it only takes a couple of extra minutes so there really isn't a good reason not to use it.

Cheers :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007