1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a little help.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cameronp, Apr 27, 2005.

1. cameronp

cameronp Member

I have been trying to rebuild Sonic Heroes for my son. I use Decrypter for the ISO then apache and extract to a folder when I use CD/DVD Gen I put in order and slus info etc. but it gives me 1 error about winaspi32.dll so I downloaded and put in my system 32 folder. Still same problem, I also checked for the autoexec and it is there as well. Someone said to try Nero, I updated my version and whenever I try to put in the ROFS.CVM file it tells me the 2 gig info is too large for iso file. I have the udf/iso selected in Nero and to force video under the udf tab. I also replaced dummy with 1 kb file exactly as well. Any help would be appreciated.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Step 1.
    Decrypt the ps2 game to your hard drive using dvd decryptor.

Step 2.
    Open up Isobuster and load in the image file (file open).

Step 3.
    Create a file on your hard drive for the game
    Hold shift and highlight all the game files in ISO Buster and put them in the folder (hight all files the right click and extract).

Step 4.
    Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop & drag all the game files in your game folder that you extracted into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Just keep Isobuster open as a reference when you do this. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.

Step 5.
    Name the image and burn it at 4x.

Step 6.
    Presto, you've rebuilt and burned a PS2 game. Play it.

Note:
    Some games have dummy files in them.(ie. guilty gear, spider-man 2). They are used to beef up the size of the image and to copy-protect the game. Burning games with the dummy files left unchanged will result in a game that does not boot (using swap magic anyway). To remedy this annoyance follow these fun steps.

Step 1.
    Use Isobuster to copy the files to a folder.

Step 2.
    Create a new text file. Open it and press the space bar, then close it. This creates a byte of data in the text file.

Step 3.
    Rename the text file you made to the same name as the dummy file in your folder. You can point out a dummy file if its called DUMMY.DAT, DUMMY.000, DUMMY.001 etc., GARBAGE.DAT. These files will always be in the main folder of the iso.

Step 4.
    Overwrite all those dummy files with the blank ones you've created. (games generally only have 1 dummy file, but some have multiple dummy files)

Step 5.
    Patch complete! Burn it.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  3. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    You dont need to change any of the UDF settings when burning a ps2 game, leave it at 1.02

4. cameronp

cameronp Member

Hi and thanks for the input, I have this outline for Nero already. When I open up Nero and choose the udf/iso and load the files in in order along with the replacement dummy file the last file I put in is more that 2 gig. I get the error can not put a file 2 gig in an iso file. Please choose a different compilation. I have just updated my nero version, so I know that is not the problem.