1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a little Newbie help!

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Anilyb, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Anilyb

Anilyb Member

Didn't have much luck finding the answers to my final 3 questions re a proposed DVD recorder/VCR purchase. Respectfully request help from the "DVD recorder experts!" 1. With my VCR, I can "scan" over the recorded commercials. Will I be able to do so with a DVD-RW or DVD-RAM recorded disc? 2. I am supposed to "clean" a DVD-RAM disc before re-useing. I realize my VCR has an "erase" head just before the "record" heads and takes care of that in that manner. Does a DVD recorder work in the same way or must I do something else? 3. The unit I may buy will not let me use a CD-RW to record on. Would a way around this to just use a DVD-RW disc and not get any picture (music channel recording)? Thank you very much in advance for your knowledge/assistance/answers!

2. lpk

lpk Guest

I bought a Ilo DVDR05 from Wal-Mart about a week ago $99.00 I will record on DVD+RW and DVD+R disk.
    You can skip forward through the commercials by fast farwarding just like on the VHS tape recorder. The DVD has a skip button on the remote.Just press the skip button and if you go too far you can fast rewind back to where the program comes back on.
    I bought another DVD recorder and it worked about 2 weeks and then everything went bad. I am really putting this on through it's paces to try it out completely before my right to return it runs out. So far I have recorded from the tv tuner, my camcorder, another dvd player at all of the speeds the machine will record at.And every thing has worked fine. I played the disk back on my dvd player and my computer with no problems.
    I have played dvd's made on my computer (music cd's with 32 songs on one disk. No problem played back Red Skelton show on dvd no problem.
    From what I read. Buying any DVD REcorder at this time is a shot in the dark for all seem to have problems.My Son bought a Panasonic paid three times what I did for the Ilo and he has had problems.
    Best of luck to you.
    lpk