1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a slide card + swap magic mod, where to buy ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by LILfeatha, Dec 11, 2004.

1. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

Hey guys,

ok, so i was gonna buy a mod chip, but dont wanna risk anything... so then, someone told me about a slide card + swap magic combo, and thats all u need to run your CD/DVD backups, from all regions, etc.. so thats just awesome, just like a mod chip only you have to put in the swap magic every time i switch to a new game, which is fine.
    so, the guy told me i gotta take the panel that opens up when you press the eject button, that has the PS2 logo on it.. so i did, just pulled it.. and accidently broke it on the left side, the plastic thing fell, so now, i have to pull it whenever i wanna open it up and replace to a new game, didnt take it off, just put it on because if i wont then i might not be able to open it... i think this is fine because ill use the slide card to open and close the drive anyways, right ?
    thats y i can only get the slide card + swap magic combo now, i think ?
    where is a good, quality, american site, with good security and good customer service, and fast shipping, etc... that sell this comob, cause i really want it, im not in the US but i can get someone to bring it here, thats y its best to be in the US and then get someone to bring it here... will they have problems with it when the security guys will check their bags?

Thanks for the help, if i dont have to have this combo, even thuogh i have that problem that it doesnt open up, plz let me know what to get, etc... not a real pro in this..

Thanks,

LILfeatha

2. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

UP!!!!

plz guys....
    10x

3. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

can someone please help me out ?!!?
    i dont have a lot of time..

please help!
    i need a site that sells slide card + swap magic combo, preferably in the US, need it to be safe, be able to trust em, etc... and if not in the US then ship all over europe/asia...

Thanks,

LILfeatha

4. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

5. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

6. leg4cy

leg4cy Member

dont get a slide card. get a fliptop. theyre like 100x better.

7. billz

billz Active member

8. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

well... how do i use this flip top ? and what do i need for it ?

also, did u read that i accidently broke that thing ? and the only way to open it now is to pull it really gently so it wont fall off, thats y i think i got to have a slide card, in order to remove that part of the CD tray i broke, with the PS2 logo on it, in order to open and close the tray easily, but that will only be possible with a slide card, if i remove that part with the PS2 logo, i wont be able to open and close the tray right ?

Thanks,

LILfeatha

9. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

plz respond to my above questions :p

thanks,

LILfeatha

10. succubus

succubus Member

slide card=break ur ps2

use either a real modchip or get the swap discs with the no solder modchip.

don't know about using the fliptop with older versions of ps2.

11. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

wadda u mean break your ps2 ?!?!
    u just take the front tray thing with the PS2 logo off, dont u ?
    i already took it off and sort of broke it, so i have to have the slide card now, dont i ? because thats the only way i can opena nd close the tray, with the slide card, i bet it wont open otherwise....
    SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME AND MAKE THIS CLEAR! thanks
    Thanks,

LILfeatha

12. DGNT

DGNT Guest

[bold]succubus[/bold] is overreacting. Maybe he broker his PS2. Just buy a Swap Magic with Slide Card. I used one for about two years before I bought a modchip. Never had any problems.

Hope this helps.

13. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

ok, i just tried ejecting and putting in a CD, and it works
    so basically, dont have to have this combo..
    i AM kind of afraid of getting a mod chip, since only my friends' dad knows how to solder it, and he doesnt do it professionaly or anything like that, and he only did it on his sons (my friend) ps2, and i bet i wont buy the same mod chip he did it on, plus, his PS2 is like version 4 or something, mines V7...
    also, looked at that flip top thing, and u have to open the ps2 and mess around and cut wires and shit, thats the worst possible thing, am i right ?
    if not, then maybe i will get a flip top, just need to know what to do and how simple it is...

Thanks,

LILfeatha