1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need a special P2P just for sending a file to a friend.

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by auto1234, Sep 22, 2013.

1. auto1234

auto1234 Member

Hy ,
    My friend wants to send me some Large files, but I need a lot of time on a slow connection and he lives on the other side of the world. Is there any p2p file program that can send to my computer fast, even when Im not connected ? what I need is something like rapidshare/ and half Limewire. Is there any program you can suggest ? also can he make the file share private so he only lets me get the file ?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

mega.co.nz maybe what your after it's mega downloads replacement,free 50gb storage,encryption cloud based hosting,accessed using a chrome based browser,your mate uploads the file then can disconnect then you download it when your sent the key

3. Mez

Mez Active member

gigatribe is a private P2P. I haven't used it in years but you can email an invite with an install link that will automatically provide connection data for you. I introduced this to someone who creates videos and he uses it all the time. You can overnight very large files. It is very like LW except that it is faster, private and requires connection info to even see the other node.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

gigatribe requires subscription better off using utorrent to create private personal torrents however this method requires both computers to be on at the same time which auto doesn't want,speed will also be an issue since you'll be limited by what upload speed the sender has,better to send to cloud storage & download at your leisure at a decent speed. mez you realize this thread is close to a year old