1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need A Starting Point

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Menion, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Menion

Menion Regular member

first of all "Yes Chunkhead" I have read through your tutorials and they are much appreciated

Ok so Ive spent so much time reading through everything on modding the XBox and whats involved the problem with all these tutorials is that they are not in order - Heres what I'm after - I simply want to hardmod the Xbox, Install a Bigger Harddrive and Load the emulators this is what i got so far

Chip the Xbox
    Load EvoX
    Make An FTP out of the Xbox
    flash the eeprom ect.. and load the bigger HD
    FTP with FlashFTP the emulators & Roms onto the XBOX

so do i have this in the right order?
    And my biggest question is - in all the FTP guides they have all the pictures of the Xbox being connected through series of routers, nics and internet connection I simply want to know If I can use the connection
    TV---XBOX----Crossover Cable----PC NIC
    will this configuration work? Do I really need an internet connection or a second NIC? I don't belive so but none of the Tutorials exclude them
    thanx

2. psykarrd

psykarrd Member

a few things..

1. if you have a modchip, you don't have to worry about the eeprom, the chip bypasses it, but back it up anyway if ya want.(just to be safe)

2.Yes a crossover cable set up the way u suggest will work.

3.when you want to load the new HDD, use aid or slayers to do it, they also come with emulators and that saves you time.

but basically what you said WILL work, its just abit labour intensive.

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Hmm...

You seem to be wanting to do everything the hardest possible way.

1) Why do you want to hardmod? Softmod is easy and reversible.

2) Installing a large HDD is easy if you've already softmodded.

3) If everything is operational, you can simply use AID to install the Emulators.

I have a guide for each process...

As for your network question, my Network guide is written around your connection setup!