1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice about cd/dvd problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by millicuri, Feb 13, 2003.

1. millicuri

millicuri Member

Have 2 cd/dvd burners, 1 -r/-rw the other +rw, when I installed Nero and InCD which came with one my computer wouldn't differentiate when I took a cd out and put another one in. It said that the volumes or whatever had been changed (Not exact wording). Then yesterday my daughter was trying to burn a cd with EzCD Creator and kept getting the error that the media was the wrong type and that the disk was high speed and not capable of burning (Also not exact wording). Anyway checked around and the properties for one is cd and the other dvd. Seems that they or at least one is stuck in dvd mode or something. Have been archiving some movies and games and have been using them for both cd and dvd. Am I going to have to reinstall these or what?

Please advise - Thanks in Advance

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

"he media was the wrong type and that the disk was high speed"

This would indicate that the CD-RW is a high speed(10x or faster) disc (CD-RW HS). High speed discs are not compatible with all CD-RW drives on the market and playback devices may have problems with them as well.

3. millicuri

millicuri Member

Yes, I understand this but I've been using the same batch of 100 cdr's for a while and they have been working. Tried 2 other kind of brands that should have worked and they didn't. Then I tried to do a data only and not close and the same error came up. I think the drives are locked in dvd mode or something. I've been archiving movies, games, and music recently and there is probably a setting somewhere I need to adjust. The last software I used that worked was Alcohol 120% and it was for archiving a game. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks