1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on a motherboard and graphics card choice

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by bill86, Aug 13, 2012.

1. bill86

bill86 Member

I am building a reasonably cheap PC. The PC is mainly going to be used for watching movies(20%), running software like Catia, android emulators, video editing etc(50%), running decent games(30%).

I already have a Intel pentium dual core G630. Please help me decide on the motherboard and graphics card.

Motherboard: Intel DH67CLB3 or DH67GDB3 or Intel DH77EB
    Graphics card: Saphire Radeon HD6670 or Sparkle NVidia Geforce GT520

Above are the motherboards and graphics card i had decided upon. Please advice. Thanks in advance

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

When you say decent games, can you provide examples? Neither of those graphics cards can play games very well, though the HD6670 will be the better performer of the two.

3. bill86

bill86 Member

Hi,

The system configuration has changed a little bit as below:

Processor: Intel Pentium G630 Sandybridge
    Motherboard: Asus P8B75-V
    RAM: 12GB 1333 MHz

I was thinking of MSI AMD/ATI R6670 MD1GD5 1 GB DDR5 and Saphire HD6670 1GB GDDR5 as an option for graphics card but they are not available near my place. Can you please suggest the best graphics card around this price. I am not a heavy gamer, i just play occasionally. I would like to try games like NFS Run, any new age of empires! The shop guy suggested Zotac GT240 1GB DDR5. I was hesitant to go for it. Thanks in advance

4. bill86

bill86 Member

BTW, i dont have a PSU yet. So i will go for the necessary PSU based on my graphics card.