1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on buying an xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pooface, May 4, 2007.

1. pooface

pooface Member

I have always been a playstation fan myself, but after I saw the crappy PS3, I have decided to get an xbox 360 instead. I don't know anything about xbox stuff so I need some advice. I don't plan to play a lot of stuff online. I am just sick of the twelve year olds acting like idiots and dropping f-bombs to look cool, and I don't really want to pay each month to play online. I am really into single player games, so I need to know if anyone thinks it's worth buying an xbox 360 if I am mainly going to play single player stuff. I also need to know which xbox to buy. Should I buy the smaller hard drive model or the larger? I don't know if it's worth buying the more expensive model with a larger hard drive. I have enough money to buy either one, but I don't want to waste money on the more expensive one if I don't need it. If anyone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it. I don't know anything about xbox 360, so if there is anything you think I need to know before buying please let me know. Thanks for all the help.

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

i would get the normal one. you wont need a bigger hard drive unless you download alot from the market place and you said you wer not using live. it is cheaper and does the same thing. but if you wait a couple of months the new hard drive will be on the normal premium for $400. the bigger drive is not very usefull unless you have alot to store. i have used about half of mine and it is just music. also i would recommend gears of war and call of duty and halo 2. those are my favorite fps for the 360 right now. so save your money get the cheaper model and use your money for some good games

3. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

The one which comes with the 20gb hdd is more than enough for saving your games and as mentioned above if you're not going to get big things from xbl market place like games trials,arcade games,trailers,things like that.

Vincent.

4. pooface

pooface Member

Thanks a bunch for the advice. I am really glad you told me not to get the more expensive xbox. From the sounds of it I won't be needing the bigger hard drive, and like you guys said, now I can save the money I would have spent and buy some more games. I was also wondering about the hardware. I was thinking about buying a wireless controller, but I have heard some people say that they don't work very well. I have also had only bad expreriences with wireless controllers, but I am hoping any problems have been ironed out for the 360. And, just out of curiosity, what does the future of single player look like for the 360. What I mean is, are the games manufacturers leaning away from single player games and leaning more towards making multiplayer games? I just don't want to buy the 360 to find out that the next couple of years are going to see a drastic drop in single player quality. Thanks again for the advice and info.

5. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

the wireless controllers for the 360 are very nice. you get one when you buy the premium console. the only bad thing about the controller is every once in a while you need new batteries or charge the batteries. most games on xbox right now have great single player and multyplayer. halo 3 will have a sweet campaign mode and a muultyplayer mode. all of the games i have, have great single player.

6. NDNMNDM

NDNMNDM Member

get a premium 360 ... around 360$ usally now ... if no other deals go 2 target sign up for target card get the premium which will come out 2 around 360$ and then get the 3 year replacement plan for $30 ... AND UR SET... u gotta get the premium edition , if u get the core (cheapest 1) there is no point to getting a 360 at all

7. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

At this point I would tell you not to get one... It could be because I am just pissed at Microsoft right now.

Read here