1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice Please

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ferrarza, Jul 10, 2007.

1. ferrarza

ferrarza Member

I am looking to buy a PS3 which is around $950AU here ( which sucks )but i am wondering if the proce drop will somehow come to Australia anytime soon. i have a few doubts about the ps3 and the biggest one is if i buy the ps3 and bluray loses the format battle have i wasted my money?
    Thanks

2. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

he mate, buy a jap version ps3, amazingly cheap and they are region free so they will play all games anywhere and they have full backwards compatable chips in them, meaning that all ps2 games will work and run smooth, hope this helps m8

3. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

all ps3s are region free except for movies so if u plan on just playing games get an import if u think its gonna be cheaper but i have a US retail ps3 60gb and love it and as far as blu-ray goes they are outselling hd-dvd 5:1 right now its gonna take a lot to beat bluray to the point it is discontinued so no worries there plus some company had managed to actually pack 500 gb on a bluray

4. liamrabey

liamrabey Regular member

Will the Jap version play online games on EU servers or just Jap Servers?

5. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

u just set the contry to play online, so yes eu servers lol