1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need advise please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jibbbbbb, Aug 7, 2011.

1. jibbbbbb

jibbbbbb Regular member

hi ya room , ive just moved house and the area im in now does not have virgin (cable) but it does have a sky dish . my old house had virgin ( cable) and i had a kyptview box which was perfect for i wanted ie the sly sports channels . is there any boxes on the market which will work on sly boxes . any info in the right direction will be great .. many thanks jib .. by the way thanks for the mods for all the hard work

2. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

u already have sly dish installed, so u can easily use Blade, Dreambox, Starview COMBO, Openbox S9/S10, all via subs, this will give u all sly channels (excluding box office). Im sure there are other boxes can be used and the great members from here will surely provide u with :)

My advice is get a "Blade HD 7000s", its one of the best sat boxes, THE BEST in my oppinion. Its currently selling for £150 then u gotta get your subs on top of that.

Or u can opt for the Openbox HD S9, thats selling for £55 (but there are clones of that box in market so be careful if u get that)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  3. jibbbbbb

jibbbbbb Regular member

thanks for the quick rersponce , am i right in thinking that the blade box has to have a minuim sly pakage as well or am i totally wrong ,, any links for the box and how it works woukld be great many thanks

4. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

You dont need any subs or contracts with sky mate.

1: get a sky dish (if u dont have 1 already)
    2: get a blade HD 7000s
    3: Flash the Blade HD 7000s box with the UNOFFICIAL Firmware (which can be download for free)
    4: Connect the Blade HD 7000s to your Sky dish & to your Router via LAN/Ethernet for Internet access
    5: Get afew Test lines (card Sharing), then once u are happy with a test line, get that. (This will be your SUB, u can get it monthly, quaterly, 6 months, 12 months, the 12 months option works out the cheapest)

Initial cost you are looking at £149 for the Blade Box + the cost of the sub on top.

It may sound complicated or hard to setup but beleive me its very easy to setup and would take you no more than 10 minutes.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  5. rhearn69

rhearn69 Member

so let me get this right, once the box is connected to the internet it then gets the test lines for you? so how do you get your sub? (am i just missing something really obvious)

6. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

once u have flashed your box and connected it to the router/internet. Then you need to buy your subs. You can of course straight away buy your 12 month sub for example, but this will be to your disadvantage, becos without testing it for 24 hrs, u wouldnt know if the service is good or bad, if the channels stutters/freezes etc. That is the reason you need to search in google "Card Sharing" and get afew Test Lines yourself, input the details in your box and the Test Line will give you Free viewing for 24 hrs, its a trial b4 u commit to a 6 month or 12 month sub. So the box doesnt automatically give u test lines, u need to get them yourself

so, for example if you find 3 Card Sharers, eg A, B, C
    and u have Tested the 24 hrs free viewing for all 3, and you are most satisfied with B for example, because the channels does not stutter or freezes much as A & C, therefore, you would get a 12 Month Sub from B because that is the most reliable provider from the 3.

hope your mind is clearer now mate :)