1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Alittle Help

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by silent14, Apr 30, 2011.

1. silent14

silent14 Member

Hey first time on the forum, When you use Auto GK and hit external subs it creates .sub files and I found a program that converts .sub files into .srt files but when I try and use it with any of the sub files from auto GK it says they may be damaged or the program can't read them. Wat is the easiest way to get your subs to srt, would make life easier if I could just convert the external subs that come out of Auto GK but other programs cant seem to convert them.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  2. attar

attar Senior member

Under the advanced features you can select External Subs.
    It takes the subs from the movie that is opened and converts them into a .sub and an .idx file.
    These are VobSubs that are image files.
    To convert them into .srt files they must be run through an ocr program (SubTitleCreator is one).
    If you are going to play the avi on a standalone player, you can burn the sub and idx file too and the subs are selected with the remote.
    If you really want .srt files you would be easier looking for them in the likes of:

http://divxsubtitles.net/page_subtitleinformation.php?ID=61385