1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need an expert about buring backup ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by baterup22, Feb 11, 2005.

1. baterup22

baterup22 Member

I am new to DVD burning so I'm gonna need a walk through and some questions answered so please bare with me. I just bought 123 Copy DVD and an I/O Magic + or - DVD 8x burner. Now my first question can I burn a ps2 game and play it on my ps2 without a mod chip? Is there any way to play a ripped ps2 game without a mod chip? Now if not what mod chip to I need to buy and where can I buy one? Ok, now how do I burn a copy of a playstation 2 game using 123 copy dvd? Please give me a step by step process from step A to step Z. Once again I have never done this so please bare with me and expain with great detail. I know this may be a pain but I wish to hear about all possible ways. I appreciate your patience and expertise. Thanks to all that reply. All replies are welcome.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

First off all you posted this in the wrong forum:

PS2 games are actually pressed DVD/CD discs, they are not burned. PS2 games use the Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of the disc to identify themselves to the PS2 unit. The BCA is not part of a disc that you can burn on, it is only replicated on pressed discs. So, the only way to play backups is to get boot-discs or a mod-chip.

You can find more about swap magic and where to buy here:
    Http://www.swapmagic3.com

the best program for coping games and movies id dvd decrypter. Its free and easy and works great for everything.

here is a link to the guide.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/15105

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from all other topics*