1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need an MP3 batch encoder that dosent suck -_-

Discussion in 'Audio' started by DieCommie, Dec 24, 2004.

1. DieCommie

DieCommie Member

Like the title says i need an MP3 encoder that dosent suck. I have tried about a dozen different ones and they arnt any good. The problem witht them is they will only encode one album at a time.

Here is what i want to do... I have about 40 gigs worth of music, with most of them being at 320 bit rate. I want to re-encode many albums at once, so they can fit on whatever media i plan to use (512 for MP3 player, 700 for CD and 4.3Gig for DVD). Is there a program that does this?

I figure i would just have to do the math and re-encode the batch at whatever bitrate will fit, but i cant even find a batch encoder! I have tried a few encoders that claim to have batch capability, but when i select the files to re-encode, i can only select one folder at a time! I need a program that will re-encode a batch of a few folders...

Any ideas?

2. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

put the files in one folder...

3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

dbpoweramp.

how it works ?
    select all the file you want, right click and encode with dbpoweramp. then on to the next folder.
    lastly select encode.

beware. you're making a big mistake, losing more quality just to fit them in.

4. DieCommie

DieCommie Member

I dont want to put all my music files in one folder...they need to be in different folders to organize them.

I dont think its a big mistake...im not going to erase the high bitrate files, just make small ones for burning and playing on portable device...

With dbpoweramp i can select a few gigs worth of music and have it encode them all?

5. emofan

emofan Member

ok i have a program off of that microsoft plus! thing that will do everything at once, it basically adds a list of things that will be converted, let you choose bit rate, wma or mp3 or lossless format (which is about 930 kbps). ur best bet is trying to get a hold of it thru like limewire or kazaa, watever p2p u have

6. shiroh

shiroh Guest

@DieC

yes, just browse through folders select the needed file and encode.
    i'm not sure if it can encode each and every file with different settings though, never tried that...

you can either specify a new folder or use its original one