1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need an Understanding

Discussion in 'PS2' started by TheGENG83, Jan 31, 2005.

1. TheGENG83

TheGENG83 Member

The other day me and my friend were watching the DEMO of Devil may cry 3. My friend is a very big fan of the series, as for me Im a pc platform person. Well dont get me wrong I like the graphics in the first and second, its nice.. well to be honest its great. So I saw the demo of the third and from MY OPINION I think that the lighting is a bit unrealistic than the earlier two. So my friend was saying that its the com's resolution, to my knowledge if a demo has been filmed or recorded the lighting will be the same no matter how low the resolution. It will be either blurry or crystal clear demo, am I right??
    So I asked him about wether its a trial version or a demo version like pc games. Some of the pc games dont look that nice for the trial, they just show off their gameplay(for some) only, modifications will be done. But my friend said that PS2 games are entirely different there are no changes or modifications once the demo is out, is that for real??
    The Demo's are those video played through the net, not the CD trial version.
    Or are we both wrong? Is there any other explanation?
    Just curious to know.

2. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Yeah, videos change a lot. Not only that, but videos tell lies. Devil May Cry has never been so high on the graphics end, in fact, not very many games are. I think the only series that has interesting and detailed graphics has been the Silent Hill series.

Besides, as you know, a good PCs graphics will ALWAYS be superior to the console. That's why we play Doom 3 on PC (my computer runs it like crap, but man is it a sweet-looking game.)

Anyways, back to the point : The graphics will probably be better when the game comes out. If not, then so what? It's Devil May Cry, so you'll know what to expect (solid action, probably a somewhat non-existant storyline, dull characters, and solid action. Did I mention solid action?)

I'll tell you what, though. I think it's funny how big a deal people make of playing consoles online. When consoles started going online, people went apeshit, when the rest of us had been doing it all along.

..... Man, I miss heat.net
    However, when Steam isn't being a bitch, it provides me with all the online gaming that I'll ever need.

But hey, since we're comparing sequels : How's MGS3 compared to MGS2? I have MGS2 Substance on my PC, and MGS3s engine looks to be a modified MGS2. Is it better when it comes to gameplay and enemy AI?

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

On mgs3.
    With the new camoflage system and various paints.
    It was a good challenge for me on normal.
    There are so many hidden camo's and paints.
    (every boss has a special camo you can get).
    Plus others in various places.
    The stages are however pretty linear,
    But the feeding and item system,of using what you find.(Snake eater)
    Also using the same items to repair your wounds
    after battle and also levels up your health. THE GAME IS AWESOME!
    AS usual all the exact same voices actors from
    all the previous series and a new
    innovative story line.

My current fav game second too tenchu: fatal shadows and
    third would be GTA:SA.

Its a must get!!!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  4. TheGENG83

TheGENG83 Member

Thanks for the reply RemyK313. Hey Doom 3 really really kicka$$ man. Monsters lurking behind dark shadows and stuff, it kinda creeps me out sometimes...its a cool FPS, one of its kind. But the only flaw is that the game is a bit short. Ive finish hard mode and I still want more!!
    Bout MGS3...I dunno man, not fond of it, but the one thing that is troublesome is its action and stleath all roll up into one. When you are killing enemies you then suddenly have to start learning first hand, junior year medical course!
    Not my cup of tea. :)
    Half Life2 was ok too, another sweet game.