1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need app to convert d2v - pseudo avi

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Enc0de, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Enc0de

Enc0de Member

I tried VFAPIConvert, but when I click the 'add file' button I get a ????file???? error. So I am giving up on that piece of junk.

What other software is there to convert a d2v to a pseudo avi? I don't need to do anything else. I already got CDex, Virtual Dub and the DivX Pro 5.2.1 codec.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

AVISynth/DGDecode.dll

mpeg2source("whatever.d2v")

If you actually need an avi, then use MakeAVIS to create a fake one from your avs file. Also make sure that the version of DGDecode matches the version used to create the d2v.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

I believe your Problem is that you haven"t installed the "VFAPI Codec"..You have to install the Codec before any program can read the Psudo AVI file...To install the VFAPI Codec you go into your VFAPI Converter Folder and double click the "VfpSet.bat" file and that will install the Codec....

You can also Load the D2V file into "Tmpgenc" which can then convert the D2V file to either a Mpeg-1 or Mpeg-2 file or to Any AVI format you have codecs for..(Yes Tmpgenc can encode to AVI formats as well as Mpeg formats)....

You can also use AVISynth/Mpeg2Dec.dll which is what I use for Frameserveing D2V files and it works Great...

Also Remember not to moove or rename or delete any of the Files in the Path between your Source Mpeg-2/Vob files and the D2V file or the D2V file will not work..Also if you are working with NTSC Film source Video to use the "Forced Film" option in DVD2AVI when Createing the D2V file or you Can encounter Interlaceing Artifacts and it is Just Plain More efficient to encode a progressive file at 23.976fps that it is to encode an Interlaced File at 29.976fps....

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  4. Enc0de

Enc0de Member

Thanks minion. Actually I did run the viap.bat before running VFAPICon. But I got everything working now.

btw, if you wouldn't mind please look at my VDub - Error Code -2 post. I have search the net (here and Doom9.org) and I have tried everything. From resize, colordepth, everything that I read that that error can attribute to. And I still get it. I really need help on that. I am at a total loss.