1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Assistance "field order transition was detected"

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by SmartHome, Feb 6, 2008.

  1. SmartHome

    SmartHome Member

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2002
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Hey guys,
    I am having major trouble with the following message in AutoGK:

    "A field order transition was detected. You may need to use the Fix D2V tool to repair this stream. Refer to the DGIndex Users Manual For details"

    This message occurs just after the Demuxing and indexing of the file. If I allow it to continue then the audio will be out of sync right from the beginning of the movie. BUT if I stop the movie (just after it starts)and restart it from the location I stopped it at then the audio is in sync. Some movies it will be in sync for the rest of the movie and some will be fine for a while and then it will jump out of sync again.

    I rip the movies with DVDFab Platinum (main movie). I convert them in AutoGK to Xvid at 2000MB with Original AC3 and Fixed width of 720. This problem happens to about 20% of the movies I convert. The other 80% is perfect.

    I have read tons of info on this and have tried most everything including DVDFab Platinum 4.0.1.2, DVDFab Decrypter 4.0.6.0 Beta, FixVTS, VOBBlanker, DVD Decrypter, StaxRip, VOBMerge, VirtualDubMOD, Fix DGindex Tool (1.4.9 and 1.5.0), AutoGK 2.45, AutoGK 2.48 beta.

    I am running out of ideas. Other people are having this exact problem. There must be a solution. Please someone help!
     
  2. SmartHome

    SmartHome Member

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2002
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Apparently there is no fix or solution for this problem with AutoGK/DGIndex. That is too bad.

    But I have finally found an alternative program that works even better. For anyone who is having the "A field order transition was detected. You may need to use the Fix D2V tool to repair this stream. Refer to the DGIndex Users Manual For details" problem with AutoGK, you should download and try FairUse Wizard. You can download a free version that only converts to 700MB. You can use this free version to test to see if your audio sync problem is cured. If it is then you can upgrade to the full version which allows you to convert to any size.

    I am not sure why this program works and the others do not but at this point I don't really care. I am just glad I finally found a solution.


     
  3. shakaun

    shakaun Member

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Hey man,


    Are you still having this same problem that Im having? Where just after it does the demuxing where its about to compress the file it comes back with that error?

    I thought i found the program to convert DVDs of my dreams and then it just stops working for me. I was about to convert a movie and now it seems like alot of them are getting this error.

    Is it just certain movies or is there something that can be fixed?
     
  4. SmartHome

    SmartHome Member

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2002
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Yeah that is exactly how it started with me as well. It worked awesome for quite some time and then it started having that problem all the time. Actually I think it is a driver problem. A buddy of mine was using autoGK as well and has never had that problem.

    Anyway, I can tell you that I have found the perfect solution. Download FairUse Wizard. I have converted 100s of movies and TV series and have never had any audio or driver issues. The only time it doesn't seem to work is on iso's that I did not create. To remedy that I always create/recreate my iso's in DVDFab Platinum. Works every time.

    Good luck. Hope this helps in some way.
     

Share This Page