1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need assitance unbricking a 3.03 OE PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Slokun, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Slokun

Slokun Member

To start, here is what has happened thus far:
    A couple of months ago, I downgraded my PSP back to 1.5, then installed the 3.03 OE custom firmware, using the GTA:LCS exploit. This stage has been perfectly fine, and I've been using it for quite some time since, no problems.

However, since it's been a couple of months, I had forgotten to remove the downgrading save from my memory stick before I went to play LCS. I realized this while it was trying to load the game, and it froze. Black screen, nothing happening. So, to turn it off, I pulled out the battery.

Right now, I am able to access the recovery menu just fine, and do things in there. To attempt a recovery on my own, I have downloaded the 1.5 firmware, and placed it in ms0:/PSP/GAMES/RECOVERY, and attempted to launch it.

When I do so, the screen goes black, the MS light blinks a few times, then about 20 seconds later, the PSP turns off. I turn it back on, the green light comes on, the MS light blinks, and it just stays on until I force it off via battery removal. Same thing happens both with and without a power cord attached.

Now, my question is: Does anyone here have anything to suggest that coule help me to get it back up and running?

2. fultonla

fultonla Guest

can you still access recovery?

If not then it's Game Over
    I'm sorry to say

3. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

if you can get to the recovery menu then try recovering to 1.5 with the winstaller in the stickie thread at the top of the forum.

4. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Well, if it's GAME OVER for you, you can always buy a NON-TA-082 PSP Motherboard for only $99. :)

5. Slokun

Slokun Member

ggbarnum, I thank you very much. I had looked at that, and for some reason I didn't see the "recovery" link. I almost had to smack myself in the head over that one.

So, in a couple of minutes, I'm going to take my newly recovered 1.5 PSP and bring it up to 3.10 OE-A, and then see if I backed up my old LCS saves, so I can still play that.