1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need backups from an xbox hardrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by XPBPROX, Apr 2, 2007.

1. XPBPROX

XPBPROX Member

my xbox harddrive broke and i need help on how to put a new hardrive on my xbox

but once i can get a new hardrive on there i still need somdodies xbox files cause i dont have mine

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  2. cole76

cole76 Member

Did you mod your Xbox at all? For example; with Mecassault. Because as far as I know, every Xbox has a unique code. It is the folder called backup linux. the eeprom file is whats needed to be backed up, but that is in my case anyhow. If not, I would suggest Microsoft support and have them fix it. I hope this helps, good luck.

3. XPBPROX

XPBPROX Member

my hardrive is gone it has a broken brush i cant use it at all but I did softmod it with mech. when you softmad does it mod the hardrive or the xbox itself

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

But did you ever think to back up that eeprom.bin file off your xbox and onto your PC like the softmod installer advised?

5. steimy

steimy Active member

It is going to be very hard to do anything without a working drive or a back up of at least the EEPROM file. You need that EEPROM file to build a new hard drive to put into your Xbox, so that you can then re-softmod it and get everything working. Each hard drive is pretty much locked to a certain Xbox, and the EEPROM file is used to build a new hard drive so that the xbox thinks it is the original (for a lack of a better description) Without YOUR EEPROM file the xbox will reject any other hard drive you try and put in it.

Your only option may be to have a mod chip installed, then you cn swap out for a new hard drive. you can check into that and see if a mod chip would fix the problem.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  6. XPBPROX

XPBPROX Member

thanks every body i didnt back up my hardrives eeprom so i think i will just buy another xbox because i dont really want ot install a mod chip i haven't read enough about it to do it my self.Also i have no clue on which one to buy maybe if somebody could help me then i might go that way

7. blake123

blake123 Guest

8. janrocks

janrocks Guest

9. steimy

steimy Active member

Teammodders.com may also be able to fix it and install the chip for you. Or they also sell premodded systems.
    If you want the best then a Xenium or Xecuter chip is the way to go.
    If you want something inexpensive and stable that will do everything you want then DuoX2 would be the best choice. That is what i have in mine and it has never let me down.

10. XPBPROX

XPBPROX Member

janrocks-thanks janrocks for that tut but i wasnt sure if you need the origonal hardrive cause if u dont than i wall try his way.it looks like u dont need the origonal hardrive?

steimy-thanks steimy for the site teammodders.com i sent in a request to see wat they can do. i think i will go with the DuoX2 but im not sure if you can add new hardrives with it. if you could clear that up for me seeing as i need help and a hardrive.

also if any one knows if all eeproms are the same? im guessing that they are not

thanks so much all of you

11. steimy

steimy Active member

12. XPBPROX

XPBPROX Member

cool so i dont need my origonal hd but it dosnt say if the xbox in the tut is modded. so all i need is slayer disc and a mod chip

13. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, once the chip is in, you take out the old one, hook up the new one, and use the auto installer disc. That is pretty much all there is to it.

as far as needing the old one, that i am not sure about. I would ask the installers. not sure if it is needed anywhere in the chip setup. I would think that the chip would have to be able to access and store your EEPROM from it, other than that i can not see what else.
    I am sure if you ask them they can tell you if anything can be done to save your Xbox.