1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need better quality sound

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dochill4u, Feb 28, 2002.

1. dochill4u

dochill4u Guest

I'm using the Guide for 16:9 anamorphic movies on this site and I realy want better quality sound than what the guide gives. How would I do this? Can I use the programs that I have or do I need different ones? If I do where can I get them and how do I use them? Thanks in advance for the help...

2. dochill4u

dochill4u Guest

can some one please help me with the quality of the audio? Thanks

3. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Raising the mp3-bitrate improves the quality a bit. Keep in mind that even without all the extras a DVD-movie is bigger then what fits on to two CDs.

dRd mentioned something about AC3-audio, but I haven´t tried that myself so i really don´t know how to do that. You could leave the file as Wave-audio or convert it to PCM(completly uncomressed), all though i don´t know with what program you could do this.

"Normal" PC-speakers are known for the terrible sound they produce so in most cases it´s not worth the space and filesize to convert to better quality. If your using headphones to watch the movie it´s a different matter all together. I myself had the luck to get my hands on a pair of excelent Sennheiser headphones for free, even though they would have costed your bankaccount to buy them from a store as new.

No mather what format/quality you use, remember that raising the bitrate takes up more space and experimenting with a different format might take up dramaticly more space. This applies mostly if you´re planning to burn the ready file to a CD/CDs.