1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need boot camp 1.3

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by oakley88, Nov 20, 2007.

1. oakley88

oakley88 Member

hi everyone

i'm looking for boot camp and we can't download anymore from apple.com.
    so someone can help me? Because i need for install win xp on my mac book v. 10.4.8

2. david456

david456 Regular member

Hello, oakley88:

Install Leopard. BootCamp was a beta download before Leopard's release. Now, BootCamp is a Leopard feature.

3. oakley88

oakley88 Member

i got now the leopard
    but now i want to know how to reformat my mac book, because i have 2 partition and i want just one

4. david456

david456 Regular member

Hello, oakley88:

If you want to run Mac OS X and Windows with BootCamp, then you'll need two partitions: one for each operating system.

If you want to reformat with one partition - with Mac OS X Leopard only - then run the Leopard installer and select Erase and Install.

5. oakley88

oakley88 Member

hi david,

i did the Erase and Install. I install the leopard on partition 1 and my partition 2 is empty. So I open the boot camp assistance, then i click continue, a small window pop up says: the starup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended ( Journaled ) volume or already partitioned by boot camp assistance for intalling windows.

6. oakley88

oakley88 Member

on my desktop i can see 2 HD.

so now what i would like to do is reformat all and just creat one partition and I don't know . By the way i'm not so familiar with Mac.
    That is why i have now.

7. david456

david456 Regular member

If you don't plan on using a second partition to install Windows with Boot Camp, then - yes - you only need one partition for Mac OS X.

Remember that you can still run Windows if you only have one partition, but you'll need to install either Parallels or Fusion - virtualization software.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  8. oakley88

oakley88 Member

ok then like you said i just need one partition for mac os x and i don't want to use win vista.
    For now i want to know to format all like i just bought from a store and reinstall only mac os x leopard and only one partition.

9. oakley88

oakley88 Member

i understand what your saying. But right now what is my concern is want know how to format everything in the macbook and reinstall the Mac OS x Leopard.
    Exemple: format all the HD ( like i just bought brand new HD ) and after that install a fresh copy of Mac OS X .

thank

10. david456

david456 Regular member

Hello, oakley88:

You could, as you say, restore your system to the factory state by using the System Restore DVD(s) that came with your computer, and then install Leopard. However, if you use the Leopard installer to do an Erase and Install, the result will be the same.

Cheers

11. oakley88

oakley88 Member

thanks david

12. david456

david456 Regular member

I'd like to add, that if you don't want to reinstall or upgrade the iLife applications (iMovie, iWeb, etc.) separately, then you should do a system restore, and then (upgrade) install Leopard. Leopard does not include the iLife applications. However, as mentioned above, you can install the iLife applications after installing Leopard, if you have the iLife installer.