1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need boot disk / swap disk

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Darkone13, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Darkone13

Darkone13 Member

Hy , does anyone know wherei can get a IMAGE of a ps2 boot disk or a IMAGE of a sawp disk , cause my ps2 wont load DVD backups , and yes i have a modchip =D

i have a PAL v9 ps2 with a modchip
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]...[/small]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2004
  2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Cant ask that question here, piracy.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

4. Darkone13

Darkone13 Member

sos this prog and tut is to play DVD backups right?

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  6. Darkone13

Darkone13 Member

yeah i burned it , and turned out ok , but i still need either a slide tool or a flip top right ?

7. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

yup you do. I would recomend the fliptop.

8. bergj69

bergj69 Member

I hope someone still reads this thread because I feel threatened(?) enough not to dare and open a new thread. So I also posted my problem in a much older therad. But here's my question: I bought a second hand modified PS2, version 4, accompanied with a dongle (AR2) and only CD02 containing PS1 codes. This one doesn't boot anymore (scratched). I've been reading stuff on this subject for hours now and only see the boot subject in relation to cover top and sliding tools. The guy I bought the second hand from ensured me that he used to boot from the disc he sent me and simply swopped when asked on the screen. Is there a way to buy a boot disc that will work with my modified PS2 without installing the flip top nor using the sliding tool? (I've opened it up to see what kind of mod is in the console, I found 9 wires soldered to the mainbord connected to a tiny rectangular thing and a round blue thing, markings as follows: 1C508A, 04/P86G, on the round thing: 0139 Philips. I own a SCPH-30004, serial C3341459). Original games do play, back-ups obviously not (or I would not ask the question here). Or can I order the Swap Magix eventhough I am supposed to be able to change disc's without top cover or sliding card tricks? Because there is definitely something solderded in my console...

9. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  10. bergj69

bergj69 Member

I saw some pictures of the Neo 2.2 and it could very well be that one. So now what? Is it true I can boot from Action Replay V2 with the Neo 2 and then swap the back-up CD-r game without the use of a flip-top or sliding tool? Where do I buy a boot CD if AR2 or Swap Magix is not the thing I am looking for. For that matter: what do you think I am looking for??

11. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

12. SHREX

SHREX Member

does any one know if you can down load a free boot up program that works i 've heard about paradox patcher and fargo but does anyone know if they work

13. bergj69

bergj69 Member

Hi Devilhunt, I clicked your link and found a confirmation of how I think it works with the Neo 2.2 chip and dongle. My problem is: I bought the PS2 second hand with the Neo 2 in it. The AR2 CD that was supplied is obviously damaged (making the use of Backup CD's a very sensible thing to do ;). It appears I need to order the exact correct version of the AR2 CD to match my Neo 2.2 (or Neo 2.0 for that matter...). So my question consists of two parts: A what version do I need and B where do I get that? Thanks very much for your trouble so far. I sure hope you can help me out here...

14. bergj69

bergj69 Member

Hi Shrex
    As far as I understand from several sources on the net: you can't find a boot CD that you can burn your self (it's gotta do something with bad sectors needed and it appears you can't burn bad sectors on a CD).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  15. 7698

7698 Member

you can buy them from psxservices .co.uk They r pretty cheap,fast delivery and reliable. hope this helps.

16. bergj69

bergj69 Member

I've send them a mail, hope it helps! Keep you all informed, thx a zillion!