1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need CD Loader v7 Instruction Help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by HellGates, Dec 31, 2004.

1. HellGates

HellGates Member

First I would just like to say I am not new to this subject. Just new to the CD Loader. I have been backing up [bold]DVD[/bold] games for about 6 months now & have had very little or no problems. With this CD Loader it gets a little confusing. What I really need help on is exactly how to load the game, once you have the CD Loader on your screen. Now the first screen says "[bold]Insert Disc & Press X To Play[/bold]" Now, do I insert Unreal Tournament(used for a PS2 CD game example)at this screen, or do I press [bold]X[/bold] & go to the "Options" menu? Now I have tried a few different times & I think I'm just not gettin' the right way. I have put in the disc at the option screen & then selected the option in which I need to load it with & nothing happens. Screens goes to the "loading screen" as they call it(screen pushed aside for colored margins to appear) & just satys there. Eventually, stopping the disc & not read it anymore. I have also tried just leaving the CD Loader in there & that doesn't work either. Am I doing this wrong or right? If right, then does it sound like I shopuld burn a new copy of it or just try it again?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

don't go into the options. If your loading a dvd backup, hit eject and insert the swap magic dvd or a big original ps2 dvd game. hit x, then swap for your backup. If your loading a cd, just swap for your backup.

3. HellGates

HellGates Member

I did that & it didn't work. I loaded it at the screen where it says to "[bold]Insert Disc & Press X to Play[/bold] & it just freezes & doesn't even continue. I know the backup is good because I loaded it w/o the CD Loader & it ran perfect until I wanted to try to play. Should I just try again or burn another copy of CD Loader?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

at that screen, you need to eject cd loader and put in swap magic dvd or ps2 dvd game.

5. HellGates

HellGates Member

So your sayin that I need to put in SwapMagic DVD(that is if I wanna load a DVD copied game) or a PS2 DVD(to load the CD game or what?) If this is correct, then now I understand, if not then i got one question.... Does the new SwapMagic 3.3 now support these games w/o the use of a CD Loader?(I've heard Ghost Recon 2 is the only game they have had a problem w/ so far)

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yes, swap magic 3.3 doesn't need cd loader.