1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Desperate Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by twistid04, Aug 7, 2004.

1. twistid04

twistid04 Member

Im a newbie at all this stuff, i got my chip and its in but i hear all this talk about dashboard and what not, i know exactly where to get all the programs and what not, but what is the first thing i am supposed to do becuase i havent even turned it on. Am i supposed to flash and change bios, or different dashboard or something like that? Please help thanks

I have a xecuter 2.3b Pro

Last edited: Aug 7, 2004
  2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

If you have not already flashed your chip then this is what must be done first.
    Find a bios eg xecuter 4983.06 and then burn it onto a cd-rw/dvd-r as an image.
    Put it into your xbox and follow onscreen, should be done in 30 seconds. Reboot your xbox and you can then play your backup games.

If you want to make backups of your games then you will need a different dashboard (the dashboard is what you first see when you start your xbox) such as evo-x, search on this site for how to install and burn it to disc.
    You can do so much more with a different dashboard such as use emulators, use programs, save games onto your hdd, upgrade your hdd to a bigger one etc.
    Do a bit of research and you will be up and running in no time.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Xbox v1.0, X-ecuter2 lite,EVO-X DASHBOARD,

ps2 v4, magic 3.1

AMD BARTON 3200+,wInDoWs XP(sp1),asus A7V600-X motherboard,120GB HDD,
    256dDDR ram,pioneer 106D,ASUS 16x DVD Drive,Radeon 9200se gfx card.[/small]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2004
  3. twistid04

twistid04 Member

Is evox the same as evolution-x m8?

4. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

No that is the bios that you are on about. It is called evolution-x 3935, that is the newest one.

5. twistid04

twistid04 Member

if i am loading evox 3935 onto my xbox, and i already have evolution x m8 on my chip for bios, when i load the evox 3935 do i have to put the bios folder in the .iso or can i jsut put the skins, .xbe, and .ini?

6. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Right this would be easier, get a auto installer such as slayers 2.5. then burn it to disc, insert it into your xbox, then copy all files off the disc onto your hdd, reboot and you are done. Your bios will still be the same and you can use evo-x for ftping stuff to and from your xbox.

7. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

make a BIOS flash disc using this guide

http://www.teamxecuter.com/cromwell.htm

I would not use the M8 BIOS if i were you, use xecuter 4981 4982 or 4983

PLus since you have a xecuter PRO you dont actually have to burn a disc as long as you have the cable for the internal programmer, you can just use xecuter BIOS manager and flash it direct.
    As for the dash, i suggest you dont use slayers as its sooooooooo old now and besides FTPing it will give you knoledge of how to FTP which you need to know to copy games/change HDD etc.