1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Detailed Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by rclub24, May 5, 2007.

1. rclub24

rclub24 Member

I've got a PSP with Firmware 3.4 installed but i want to find out how why and what benefit i get from install Dark Alex's software.Can i install it? What will i do with it when its installed? I've seen the other forums here eg The Mother Of All Guides' but i'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction in terms of getting the most out of my PSP. On DarkAlex's site for instance i see various custom firmware downloads but also downgraders,downdaters,hen enablers etc. But it all doesn't make sense to me? Yes i'm a NOOB but find it difficult to
    find easy and clear info on what exactly you need to do to get your PSP sorted.Please be patient with me as i'm not too PC literate and with every answer comes even more stupid questions

2. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

im really glad to see someone do research first. congrats on that. but i hate to say but right now you cant do anything with sony 3.40. but the answer to your question is that the benifit is your psp can become completely custom. from custom icons, boot sounds, gameboots, text, etc. you can make it your own. You can play the old school classics(GBA, GBC, NES, SNES) you can play umd isos from memory stick. the possibilities are endless. just be paitent and keep doing research.