1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need DVD Loader help...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jborlace, Mar 29, 2005.

1. jborlace

jborlace Member

I downloaded the DVD Loader from psinfo but I can't figure out how to put it on a DVD.On swap magicfix it says that you will have a bin and cue file and that you are suppose to burn the cue file but I don't have a cue file.Just a bin and some psinfo files.What to do?

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

You burn it to cd-r.

Here is the method to use.
    Boot swap magic.
    Swap for dvd-loader.(do not press eject.)
    After dvd loader boots.
    Press eject and insert a large toc disk (swap magic dvd disk,or,an original ps2 dvd.
    press x and wait.
    Swap for your backup.(do not press eject.)
    press x

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  3. jborlace

jborlace Member

Why would you burn a DVD Loader to a cd-r.That's the whole point of a DVD Loader is for people who have trouble getting the cd loader and cd swap disk to boot.

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

You wanted an answer i gave it too you.
    Thats how the dvd loader works.

5. jborlace

jborlace Member

I have tried that method a ton of times and it doesn't work for me.The only way I can get Hot Shots Golf Fore to work is by using the cd swap disk,then the cd loader.Most of the time my cd loader won't boot,it starts spinning real fast and I get a red and pink lines on the edges of the screen.I have a DVD Loader already that I made when OLafan first created it but I thought that maybe I needed a more up to date one.

6. Darkmere

Darkmere Guest

Hey Jborlace.

You don't need the cue file, if you use nero, just select the burn image and then select the bin file. Make sure its dvd-image, and then bung the blank dvd in and burn.

Then do as Jizmak says, but remembering to press x a 2nd time after putting the dvd loader disk in, if the game needs one of the options (and according to swapmagicfix, it does, so select 5v3 no pn option at that juncture)

7. jonels

jonels Regular member

something wrong with your download as you should have found an ISO file in the rar which should be burned to a dvd not a cd

8. jborlace

jborlace Member

I try that .Thanks...

9. random616

random616 Member

wot happens if u download a ISO of swap magic itself does that work because i hav downloaded an ISO for swap magic but i dont know wot 2 do next if u know plz tell me

10. jborlace

jborlace Member

OK.I have tried twice with 2 coasters to burn the DVD Loader.I used nero and burn just the BIN file and I get the pink borders when I try to use it.Can someone give me step by step how to put this on a DVD.thanks..

11. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

IT DOES NOT GO ON DVD.
    The toc is too small.

Even though its called "DVD loader"-
    The program itself is burned to CD-r.

12. aznboi

aznboi Guest

First off, jborlace, don't complain when you don't get an answer you dont like. You should actually be thanking Jizmak for actually taking time out of his day to reply to your post. Anyways... try using DVD Decrypter and when you install it, you should be able to right click on the ISO you downloaded(first extract it from the .rar compression file) and then insert your blank DVD and then burn it. Now to answer random616's question, no you cannot just download the swap magic ISO because 1)downloading ISO's from the internet and using it is illegal 2)Its a pressed disc and you can't run it because the swap magic company pressed it over another PS2 disc so it would have the boot screen(where it says Playstation 2) and 3)Theres no point, if you downloaded it and then burned it, you'd need a swap magic disc to run it anyways so y run swap magic from swap magic? That's right you wouldnt so theres no point in doing that.
    To Jizmak: It is a DVD loader so it probably should be on a DVD. I kno when i downloaded it and put it on DVD, i got it to load. Even if im having problems in booting a certain game. But that's for another post i made;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2005
  13. jborlace

jborlace Member

I am not complaning about his answers.All I'm saying is that he keeps saying that you put the DVD Loader on a cd-r.You yourself just said that you use DVD Decryptor,that program doesn't burn to cd-rs.The DVD loader was created over a year ago for people like myself who has trouble getting their PS2 to boot the cd swap magic.I have read a hundred post where it is stated you put the DVD Loader on a Blank DVD.I just can't figure out how to do that.

14. aznboi

aznboi Guest

Im sry if you werent complaining, but too me your second post kinda sounded complianingish(if thats a word), but thats just me! After a second look thought it doesnt seem to complainingish. Sry bout that!

15. Darkmere

Darkmere Guest

Not being one to argue, but it DOES go on a dvd, which is why it is called dvd loader not cd loader. It is the same program but made so you can indeed burn it on a dvd for those of us who have trouble booting CDs. I have it on dvd and its now an essential piece of my kit.

and jonels is right, I just checked my drive and the dvdloaderv7all does indeed unrar to one large iso file which you burn to a DVD as an image file, maybe you dl the wrong file?

16. jborlace

jborlace Member

I have tried 4 times with 4 coasters to burn the DVD Loader.I burn the ISO with Nero and when I put it in the PS2 after the DVD swap magic I get the dreaded red borders telling me it's a bad burn.I have a DVD Loader that I made about a year ago but it won't let me select the options.When I press X to go the options and select 5v3pn option it turns the screen red and then goes back to where the screen says Swap Magic 3 real big on the screen and won't do anything after that..

17. jborlace

jborlace Member

On Nero what am I supposed to be selecting?It has DVD-Rom(ISO),DVD Copy,DVD-Video and a couple of more options.I usually select the DVD-Rom(ISO).Maybe that's my problem.What do you select to burn it as an Image File?

18. Darkmere

Darkmere Guest

Yes, that is the problem.

On nero, you want to close the wizard (presuming ur using nero burning rom itself), and use the text menu at the top. Choose Recorder, and then select Burn Image, and then point that to the iso.

Don't use DVDrom (iso) as that will burn it as normal data which won't be readable by the ps2. Has to be Close wizard, click Recorder on the menu at the top (where file, edit is etc), and then select Burn Image, and you should be sorted. Do that for all iso/bin files etc.

19. jonels

jonels Regular member

lol .. your burning an iso of an iso.. no wonder it didn't work... tip use alcohol or dvddecrypter and make coasters a distant memory

20. jborlace

jborlace Member

OMFG....You guys rock.I tried this and it worked.Thanks...