1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need dvd+ R help and burn speed ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by yoeyownsu, Feb 18, 2008.

1. yoeyownsu

yoeyownsu Member

iam trying to burn a game back up of ghost squad to a TDK DVD+ R disc. I was about to burn it but i realized that the disc only could hold 4.7 GBS and Ghost squad is 4.14 GB.

Does anyone know what files i should delete to make it smaller. Or should i buy Diff. discs? also do TDK DVD+ Rs normally work with either the d2ckey or the d2 pro?

- And i should burn it using IMgburn at 2x right?

thanks in advance :)

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

4.14 can actually fit on a 4.7 DVD+R disc.

Look at it this way...

4.14 = 4.140 = 4GB and 140MB
    4.7 = 4.700 = 4GB and 700MB

If this is a Wii ISO it might not work since a Wii game ISO should be 4.37 and your claiming the Ghost Squad is 4.14 size.

As for media all you can do is try burning it and see if your Wii will read it. It is kinda hit and miss. Most recommended are Verbatim/TY/Ritek but others have used other brands perfectly fine.

I would also use IMGBurn and burn at 4x if the disc are compatible with that speed.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  3. wtc05

wtc05 Member

Looks like you downloaded ghost squad but did not extract the iso from the rar files. 4.14GB is a common size games are compressed to. After you extract the game you should end up with an iso file that is 4.37GB which should fit nicely on your dvd+r.